Rocketnet - feedback?

abudabi

Expert Member
That speedofme site seems dodge... it varies wildly from 1 minute to the next (for me at least).

8-BALL

That speedofme site seems dodge... it varies wildly from 1 minute to the next (for me at least).
Ironically on ADSL it was a great benchmark. What else is interesting is pre-Aug I was getting comparible results to speedtest.net. Make of that as you will.

4:20AM:
181008022341-3666.png

8-BALL

I'm sure this has something to do with the actual fibre network then? It's been pretty breezy here on MFN...
Thanks for the comparison.

I think that is what we are trying to illustrate here. Except Roxketnet keep exclaiming there are no issues.

Don't get me wrong, if I multithread to 40 threads I can max the line but that is not what is in contention here.

What is also concerning is that this is taken with hardware that was / is working without issue so I'm not sure that replacing it is really the solution.

The results are also very intermittent which back in my telkom days were largely reminiscent of congestion...

electrofreeze

Thanks for the comparison.

I think that is what we are trying to illustrate here. Except Roxketnet keep exclaiming there are no issues.

Don't get me wrong, if I multithread to 40 threads I can max the line but that is not what is in contention here.

What is also concerning is that this is taken with hardware that was / is working without issue so I'm not sure that replacing it is really the solution.

The results are also very intermittent which back in my telkom days were largely reminiscent of congestion...

definitely congestion with slow browsing and it happens at any time specially after 5pm

Last edited:

8-BALL

And not a peep out of rocketnet today. Thus reinforcing why I haven’t bothered pursuing support further.

Furbz

Seriously. Avoid rocketnet like the plague.
They have some of the worse support I have ever encountered. And their network is plagued with issues. I was down more times than I was up

abudabi

Expert Member
I'd buy that as I know electro is in CPT.

Maybe JHB is fine... although furbz's profile says he's from sandton.

abudabi

Expert Member
I see furbz posted in the CISP thread that he's down. So I'm assuming (which I hate to do) his statement about network issues and being down more than up is historic experience from him before jumping ship.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
I think it might be where you are. In cpt it seems to be much less performant.
If you dont mind mentioning, which area of CPT are you in? @electrofreeze is in Northern Suburbs on Vumatel IIRC.

Vuma has been making a massive roll-out in the Northern Suburbs so wouldnt be surprised if there are larger network issues.

Edit: just saw your profile says Southern Suburbs.

What infrastructure provider are you using?

electrofreeze

If you dont mind mentioning, which area of CPT are you in? @electrofreeze is in Northern Suburbs on Vumatel IIRC.

Vuma has been making a massive roll-out in the Northern Suburbs so wouldnt be surprised if there are larger network issues.

Edit: just saw your profile says Southern Suburbs.

What infrastructure provider are you using?

i would say if that is the case it is the responsibility of rocketnet to contact vumatel to find out if there are any problems and display it on their problems page as rocketnet is the one getting paid for the service
once again it is not only about download speed it is about crappy international browsing as well specially after 5pm

abudabi

Expert Member
Suggestion: Download an app called winMTR. When you have crappy browsing speeds. Run the app, ping the site and post results in here.

I've seen CISP use it to narrow down where issues might be.

Should be informative even for the rest of us.

electrofreeze

Suggestion: Download an app called winMTR. When you have crappy browsing speeds. Run the app, ping the site and post results in here.

I've seen CISP use it to narrow down where issues might be.

Should be informative even for the rest of us.
when the problem starts it happens to all web pages but international is much worse and it normally starts getting worse from 5pm much like congestion
once again it is more noticeable on the 100 lines and up