Rocketnet - feedback?

electrofreeze

Expert Member
was issue in Joburg - cape town was fine IIRC
Rocket net has a status page of all the networks - but i double check other ISP like Cool ideas pages just to be safe
from our side it look like congestion or not enough bandwidth as we know what it looks like and have seen it before

electrofreeze

Expert Member
Time to talk with your money, no use in sticking around if it doesn't get resolved.
i hear what you are saying but it is not always the best solution to move, surely they should be held accountable to fix the problem as it was fine before so it can work properly if they fix it after all they are getting payed to do it

Last edited:

CPTBoy

i hear what you are saying but it is not always the best solution to move, surely they should be held accountable to fix the problem as it was fine before so it can work properly if they fix it after all they are getting payed to do it
Fair enough, but then there is no need complaining here on the same issue over and over. Phone them and either get it sorted or move on. Some ISP's don't check this forum every 5 minutes like CISP does.

I had the same kind of issue a while back on Vox, but I had them on the phone and had technicians coming to my house etc. Eventually they sorted out the network and it's all golden again.

The thing is, maybe they don't have enough bandwidth and it's not cheap to quickly up that. I'm not sure what the issue is, but their silence is very telling in my eyes.

But power to you if you want to help them get better while paying for a sub standard service.

electrofreeze

Expert Member
like i said before this is not about complaining this is about problems on the network not being fixed and not being upfront about it and they were suppose to have phoned but that did not happen either all you hear is they have the best network around

CPTBoy

like i said before this is not about complaining this is about problems on the network not being fixed and not being upfront about it and they were suppose to have phoned but that did not happen either all you hear is they have the best network around
Think about it. If they come out and say "Sorry guys, we don't have enough bandwidth to service everyone". What do you think will happen? Mass exodus, that's what.

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Good evening

We thank everyone for feedback, both the Negative and Positive feedback is needed to better our service to you as the end client. We have made serval changes over the past month and have notice a significant change is customer support tickets, with this been said please note that we are busy treating your issue as a high priority and while it may not seem this way on the forum in the background we can assure you that we are working on ways to ensure that you as the end user receives a premium service.

We have sent a new router for testing and will be willing to send out an entire tech team from MikroTik South Africa to assist should we not be able to resolve the problem internally. We highly recommend using the new router sent and if that does not make a difference please do contact us and we will gladly have the team come over.

With regards to the “Bandwidth” allocation mentioned, we can vouch and are 100% sure that we have enough “Bandwidth”.

Kind Regards
RocketNet.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
yes with almost impossible browsing at the moment
what a waste it was working so well a couple of months ago
Have you thought of going with another ISP? Perhaps one that can cover the Transfer cost like Cool Ideas?(IIRC).

Even if you get a 50Mb package, surely a solid 50Mb line is better than a bad 100Mb line.

If the problem persist atleast you know its not the ISPs and has to be Vuma.

Klipdrif

I dont know hey....just heard good things about RocketNet and subsequently changed my ISP to them. My international speeds have been shoddy. It becomes apparent whilst streaming certain services. Ill give it some time to resolve. But I am sure other users are starting to pick up on this. Ronald (RocketNet), over to you. It seems that CISP is pulling in front by some margin now, and you guys were on par.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Is electrofreeze the only person to be experiencing issues?..
Almost seems like it. Also doesnt seem like he's contacting RocketNet at all. Just complaining here. IIRC the last feedback they gave on here was to offer to send a whole team to his house to help sort out the issue. (Post #394)

Personally I would be all over them. If they fail to fix the issue I would just move elsewhere. Even if you have to downgrade in speed. A solid 50Mb at one ISP is better than a dodgy 100Mb at another ISP. Not saying thats the case here, just putting out a statement.

Last edited:

electrofreeze

Expert Member
Almost seems like it. Also doesnt seem like he's contacting RocketNet at all. Just complaining here. IIRC the last feedback they gave on here was to offer to send a whole team to his house to help sort out the issue. (Post #394)

Personally I would be all over them. If they fail to fix the issue I would just move elsewhere. Even if you have to downgrade in speed. A solid 50Mb at one ISP is better than a dodgy 100Mb at another ISP. Not saying thats the case here, just putting out a statement.

i did contact them don't just make assumptions
no complaining just stating the facts since we started having problems on their network since august
and no we are not the only people having problems with the faster lines