Rocketnet - feedback?

STORMERSFAN

Hi ronald..quick question..my friend had a 20/2 fibre with you guys,but consistently gets over 30 to 35..how is this ppssible?hes very happy but im curious how it happens that he gets higher speed than he pays for?

isie

Honorary Master
Hi ronald..quick question..my friend had a 20/2 fibre with you guys,but consistently gets over 30 to 35..how is this ppssible?hes very happy but im curious how it happens that he gets higher speed than he pays for?
happend to a friend on another ISP as well , I think they provisioned the line incorrectly.

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Good Evening

This could be due to the several factors and requires more information which can be sent via PM for a detailed response.

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Nice try copper :)
like they will reveal who the friend is
Upgrade/ downgrade that has not been provisioned accordingly on the upstream providers end is the most logical explanation but can also be seen as an assumption.

A detailed reply would require account details.

esmile

Yesterday I experienced something very strange, my connection dropped around 6am in the morning, when I went to the router admin console, it was giving me an error message "Authentication failed, incorrect username or password". Around 8:30am, I was back online. Anyone else experienced something similar?

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep
Yesterday I experienced something very strange, my connection dropped around 6am in the morning, when I went to the router admin console, it was giving me an error message "Authentication failed, incorrect username or password". Around 8:30am, I was back online. Anyone else experienced something similar?
Good day

We can confirm that we had a minor issue with our authentication server on our side and had to drop clients connections manually to restore connectivity.

Regards
RN.

esmile

Good day

We can confirm that we had a minor issue with our authentication server on our side and had to drop clients connections manually to restore connectivity.

Regards
RN.
Aaaaah, I see. Had a feeling it could have been something to that effect

abudabi

Expert Member
Interesting... My kids did not come running to say that youtube is not workingso they didn't notice :D

esmile

Interesting... My kids did not come running to say that youtube is not workingso they didn't notice :D
It was not across the board, I know of some other RocketNet subscribers who never encountered the same problem

Dee96

Hi Guys. The complex in Sunninghill has Metrofibre network.

I was looking at taking a fibre package through Rocketnet but then I saw Metrofibre also sells fibre packages directly. I think it would be easier to go through them directly as if there is an issue, I will only have to deal with one company.

Is there any reason why I would go through Rocketnet?

isie

Honorary Master

I was looking at taking a fibre package through Rocketnet but then I saw Metrofibre also sells fibre packages directly. I think it would be easier to go through them directly as if there is an issue, I will only have to deal with one company.

Metro is both a ISP and backhaul - unlike telkom with them its fine to go with another ISP support is fine either way (from many people on Metro with another ISP) - so check your prices and customer service reputation

RocketNet-Rep

Company Rep

Good day

You are correct by saying that it would be easier to go with Metrofibre as an ISP as they mange the network in the complex.

The advantage with going with RocketNet would be, allowing us to handle all the admin work in terms of signup, installation and logging technical faults in the future.

With regards to pricing, an Apollo 10/10 package comes in at R555 on RocketNet however with MFN this would cost you R739pm.

A smaller ISP will be able to assist with prioritizing the individual needs and meeting clients expectations a lot sooner

Regards
RN

Dee96

Good day

You are correct by saying that it would be easier to go with Metrofibre as an ISP as they mange the network in the complex.

The advantage with going with RocketNet would be, allowing us to handle all the admin work in terms of signup, installation and logging technical faults in the future.

With regards to pricing, an Apollo 10/10 package comes in at R555 on RocketNet however with MFN this would cost you R739pm.

A smaller ISP will be able to assist with prioritizing the individual needs and meeting clients expectations a lot sooner

Regards
RN
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. impressive service