Rooting: where angels fear to tread?

MacLindroid

Android is new to me, my first phone with Google powering it is a little Huawei Y300, as an interim device, until I buy my next 'real' phone.
OS - Android 4.1.1
Kernel version is 3.4.0-perf-gf909b34-00170-ga479003
Huawei build number Y300-0100V100R001C16B191

Rooting: if I could install a ROM that will work perfectly and run less bloatware, should I be doing it?

How do i do it physically?

To my avail are two laptops, one running Linux Mint 17 Xfce and the other is a MBP on Mavericks. If I will need a Windows PC, I have a Vista Basic 32 licence but not the DVD.

So far, I have used App Manager to disable most unwanted bloatware but there still is too much data on my phone's internal storage memory.

Does Android use that internal storage as RAM (the Samsung brand ambassador says so) but I see that there is but 45MB RAM free while the internal card still has 490MB left 'for applications.' Does Android make use of swap space like computer OS's usually do?

Am a bit lost here.....................

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Firstly it depends on the device, I recommend using Windows 7.

You might need to unlock the bootloader which can sometimes clear all your phone data.

Then flash a custom recovery.

Then root or install a custom rom which most of the time comes already rooted.

DeathOnSight

Before diving head first into something,rather do as much research as possible.Follow this Link, I think it has all the info you need

MacLindroid

Thanks for the tips. I went reading a bit and decided the risk is too great here, let me not rush into anyhthing soon! :)

Randux

Expert Member
I think rooting the device then removing the bloatware yourself should be what you do. Put the custom roms on hold for now till you are familiar with everything