RSA WEB vs COOL IDEAS?

chrisbaker1981

Im about to sign up with an ISP on the Frogfoot network.

Who would you recommend between RSA WEB or COOL IDEAS?
Anyone have any experience with gaming latencies on RSA WEB?

I play PubG and arma3 and use anydesk to control photoshop remotely. (working from home)
Low Latency is important..

Thanks for the help

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Im about to sign up with an ISP on the Frogfoot network.

Who would you recommend between RSA WEB or COOL IDEAS?
Anyone have any experience with gaming latencies on RSA WEB?

I play PubG and arma3 and use anydesk to control photoshop remotely. (working from home)
Low Latency is important..

Thanks for the help
I have RSAWEB at work and Cool Ideas at home, i have gone to my boss straight and said " the main reason i prefer working from home is because our internet at work is s##t".

PUBG also runs off AWS so you will have an advantage on Cool Ideas with lower latency since they carry the traffic on the shortest routes to AWS servers instead of using Amazon transit which uses a longer route.

From Cape Town via AWS transit i get 180ms to Frankfurt on CISP i get 155ms vs RSAWEB it will be the higher latency. Only negative if you see it as a negative with CISP is you will not have lower latency to Middle East - easy work around is install Warp by cloudflare and use that when you want the lower latency to ME (it is free and solid as a rock)

Reactions: OCP

medicnick83

Paramedic
I don't understand, I play so many different games and get lekker pings and such with RSAWEB.
Streaming everything for me is also not an issue.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Let me get home and test for you.

What app are you using so that we can compare apples with apples.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Pingplotter you can use WinMTR as well they both free :)

Cryptic, I'm sorry man, I completely forgot to do your test :( I'll try tonight.
I was fixing a PC last night and only finished up with it at like 11pm and I didn't wanna do the test when I got home because the PC was doing all the necessary windows updates etc and that would've messed with the results - then I just completely forgot.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yea so your average is 196ms mine is 155... That ping is to Amazon Frankfurt 41ms difference in gaming is huge

That is quite high for CPT even for AWS Direct connect. From JHB on Afrihost via AWS transit still decent.

aws_germany.PNG

Lets say 179ms - 20ms give or take latency between JHB and CPT = 159ms.

Why is RSAWeb taking CPT traffic to JHB first then back to CPT because that is the only reason it will be that high for someone in CPT.