SA Guilds - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conack

Expert Member
I've been curious for a while about just how many SA guilds are still active these days.
wowgamers.co.za shows a number of guilds, but unfortunately it's not updated all that regularly and i doubt people will stop to think about notifying the admins if their guild closed down.

A list could also prove useful for new/old WoW players alike to seek a new guild should they be finding themselves out in the cold. So if you know of any active SA guilds (+80% SA members), please post in this thread and i'll update the list accordingly.

Progression info as per wowprogress.com

Chromaggus - EU:

Unforgiven II (25M Raiding Guild)

Laughing Skull - EU:

FoA (25M Raiding Guild)
Natural Perfection (10M Raiding Guild)

Karazhan - EU:

Death by Tray (25M Raiding Guild)
Conlegium Ineptus Ambulo

Lightbringer - EU:
Prophecy (10M Social Guild)
Braaivleis (10M Social Raiding Guild) (Alliance)

Twilight's Hammer - EU:

Pap en Vleis (Social Raiding Guild)
The Exodus (10man Raiding Guild)

Whisperwind - US:

Sorted (25M Raiding Guild)
Guardians of Deliverance

-
Updated: 17/02/2010

Last edited:

Crowley

Executive Member
Lightbringer EU - Prophecy (10 man social guild) 6/12 (Should be 7 tonight)

|Blunt

Good to see South African guilds progressing well in the instance

FoA did Blood Princes last night and got Dreamwalker to 90%. We will heal her good tonight :p
Then we will start working on Blood Queen

Seems our team is sorted and were finally going full steam ahead after our December raid break

Good Luck to our fellow South African guilds with further progression into ICC

agerbon

Expert Member
Lightbringer EU - Prophecy (10 man social guild) 6/12 (Should be 7 tonight)

Are you guys all South Africans in that guild? Reason why I ask is that we in the same Battlegroup and I tend to bump into a lot of the guys from your guild in Battlegrouds.

Anyways good luck with your 7 tonight.

Crowley

Executive Member
We are probably 99% South African. I can count the people from other countries on my fingers.

ReaperVTEC

Lightning's Blade EU - Chaos Reign

We just moved from Sylvanas to Lightnings Blade to get away from the massive lag. We are raiding 10man at the moment but want to progress into 25man.

Hijax

LOL... Conack. Really. Out in the cold. Most people will find themselves out in the cold when people like you have a tendency of making very good guilds implode. As your track record shows, since I have been in more than one guild with you, and wether you were the GM or not, you always managed to make any situation into a mud-slinging match. Seriously, your abusive, childish and down-right personal comments in the forums shows the true calibre of your nature and intellect. The fact that you seem to be offering an olive branch to ANY type of WoW player is highly contradictary of your attitude to applicants.

It's unfortunate that people such as yourself with severe bi-polar tendancies can sour what is otherwise a very enjoyable and social game. Now, I expect no less of you than to make some wild claims about who I am or what my GS is or yadda yadda elitist BS but the fact is you don't know me and no, I havent applied to your band of jerks.

So, for anyone looking for a guild to join, try some of the names listed above. I'm sure they are all stellar guys. But, please stay away from Unforgiven II and anything to do with Conack.

Smirnov

yes, tell us more *grabs a Windhoek along with some freshly sliced peri peri biltong

Oculate

Honorary Master
/gets chair and refills popcorn

Back on topic,

Lightbringer EU - [Alliance] Braaivleis (10man social raiding guild starting ICC)

Hijax

Let me clarify my view on Unforgiven II before the trolls break down the door. I am pretty sure their are some good people in Unforgiven II, but sadly you are guilty by association. Unfortunately I cannot recommend Unforgiven II to any players until Conack leaves the guild or realm or the game. My view on any guild he participates in or runs will be cast under the same light.

Murdoc

thats so wierd, i was in wipe club with Dives . The infamous onyxia wipe -50dkp guild
It was also on chromaggus
Maybe dives and this dude know one another :p

Conack

Expert Member
OP updated, thanks for the quick input.

Let's not Hijax this thread with petty squabbles shall we? I didn't even mention which guild i'm affiliated with, so how did you get to the conclusion that I / Unforgiven is recruiting? Seems you didn't change much since the last time we had a chat (2007) and as usual i'm afraid you're barking up the wrong olive tree ole chap.

Thanks for enquiring but regretfully... we have to decline your application! ;)

Tinuva

The Magician
Flame wars!

But to be honest, I don't have much respect for people who go out of their way to flame people without the raw facts. When I say raw facts, you need to have proof to back it up, screenshots are a good start. If not STFU.

Grim|Reaper

Hey guys,

I'm just starting out WoW, got a lvl37 warlock on frostwhisper. all is good, but gets lonely sometimes epically when questing.

The guilds that have been listed here, are they leveling guilds as well? All i see is that they are raiding guilds which makes me dont even want try cause im most likely to be shot down.

I dont mind restarting my char as im still learning the mechanics of the game...and probably do better the second time round.

Hijax

Flame wars!

But to be honest, I don't have much respect for people who go out of their way to flame people without the raw facts. When I say raw facts, you need to have proof to back it up, screenshots are a good start. If not STFU.

Woah! Slow your role playa! I didn't really go "out of my way" to flame people. Pointing out harsh facts or perhaps your inadequacies and disregarding any consequences comes rather naturally to me. I am also puzzled as to why you would think I require your respect. You see, to me you are nothing more than a bunch of text, wrapped in a nice border and a name on the left. If I required your respect, I'd be paying your salary.

As for the nature of your post it can easily be summarized as cut and paste flame fuel. Let me dissect and elaborate. Firstly, you start with an attention-grabbing line.This is akin to the little weedy kid in high school who would run wildly about shouting "Barney! Barney!" when a fight broke out. This is to draw attention to yourself. This tone is emphasized by the !. Secondly, you issue the first blow by creating a negative statement to the poster which is usually a moral trait displayed by humans, i.e. trust, loyalty, faith etc. and in your case respect. Examples are Linux vs. Microsoft users (loyalty), bad guild leaders/WoW players with a terrible history (faith). To end off the flame, a challenge is issued. This is to draw a response from the flame target. Because, Lord knows, you need fuel for the flame and we like to see responses on our posts. Sort of like people who update their Facebook status and then hang around hoping that somebody "likes this". As for the STFU. Golden. Why not add a "kktxbye" or "n00b" to really drive the point.

In summary, your post was neither entertaining nor original. I can only hope that the bytes consumed on the database by your rant is somehow reclaimed and used for a more generous purpose. Perhaps you could delete your post and send the reclaimed space to the bug tracker on the Ubuntu forums. You know they need the space. Plus, Shuttleworth will be your friend on Facebook and I promise, he will read your status updates and "like this".

Hijax

OP updated, thanks for the quick input.

Let's not Hijax this thread with petty squabbles shall we? I didn't even mention which guild i'm affiliated with, so how did you get to the conclusion that I / Unforgiven is recruiting? Seems you didn't change much since the last time we had a chat (2007) and as usual i'm afraid you're barking up the wrong olive tree ole chap.

Thanks for enquiring but regretfully... we have to decline your application! ;)

Conack, Conack, Conack! Dude. Gotta work on the puns. Come on now. You don't need to mention which guild you belong to. The fact that you are from SA, have the same forum name as your WoW toon and also happened to make a post regarding South African guilds is sort of a dead give-away. Hell, you even recently moved Unforgiven II off of Twilight's Hammer. Oh we know who you are. We know what you are. Don't you miss Rez Sickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.