Samsung Galaxy S21

I agree on this.....
Exactly what I am arguing. They say sand, mud, proximity to river mouth (salty) etc etc.

Will see where it goes

Edit: Earlier in this thread I posted about the "black screen of death" issue that I had. The screen was replaced under warranty, but I suspect the technician did a poor job on reasembly and the water proof seal was not 100% correct, difficult to proof
 
As far as I know, screen replacement breaks the water seal and voids the waterproof. Did they mention this to you ?
 
I would firstly argue that the water in the Klein Brak River is freshwater (although it is "brackish" water afaik) - https://www.westerncape.gov.za/eadp/files/atoms/files/Klein Brak EMP_v6_February 2018.pdf


Secondly the T&C state " Not advised for beach or pool use."
It does not state do not submerge in pool or beach water. It merely states"not advised" and you did NOT submerge it in pool or beach water !

BUT

Samsung might also try getting out of it by using clause 6 of their general warranty .

6. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.


Good Luck !
 
Googled, seems like depends where you got it repair. If samsung repair, should be safe.

If so, argue the fresh water, they taking a chance. Sure legally they have no foot to stand on. No expert on this.
 
Googled, seems like depends where you got it repair. If samsung repair, should be safe.

If so, argue the fresh water, they taking a chance. Sure legally they have no foot to stand on. No expert on this.
Thanks, it was as Samsung authorised repair centre as it was a warranty claim. I just read the fine print on the job card and release note I signed when I collected the phone, no mention of water proof seal not being intact.
 
Is the "one free screen repair" still a thing?

S21ultra dropped face down and atho it had a screen protector and cover the screen cracked and is dead. Phone still seems fine as all other functions work.

Trying to get some clarity before I claim via short term insurance
 
Is the "one free screen repair" still a thing?

S21ultra dropped face down and atho it had a screen protector and cover the screen cracked and is dead. Phone still seems fine as all other functions work.

Trying to get some clarity before I claim via short term insurance
 
Is the "one free screen repair" still a thing?

S21ultra dropped face down and atho it had a screen protector and cover the screen cracked and is dead. Phone still seems fine as all other functions work.

Trying to get some clarity before I claim via short term insurance
Did you take out the Samsung Care plan at time of purchase? If you did, there is a screen repair with that. The free screen repair, without Samsung Care, is no longer a thing
 
Did you take out the Samsung Care plan at time of purchase? If you did, there is a screen repair with that. The free screen repair, without Samsung Care, is no longer a thing
Cool thanks, that answers my question.
 
Fnb updated its app to support android 12 on some s21 phones that had issues. Fix seems to have done the job. This was an issue on the Qaulcomm variant.
 
So my S21 Ultra landed in the Klein Brak river this December. It was submerged for less than 10 seconds and no deeper than 2 feet.

Phone is a total write off, R30k odd to fix (more than a new phone due to labour) as everything needs to be replaced. Thanks Samsung Care!

Quite funny, my phone was in my pocket while I waded through this very river in Dec. 2021

No issues though ;) but did give it a good rinse with tap water afterwards
 
is everyone else still stuck on the november security patch
I am January already, but I manually flash updates each month.

Quite funny, my phone was in my pocket while I waded through this very river in Dec. 2021

No issues though ;) but did give it a good rinse with tap water afterwards

Well, they taking a chance with @Koosvanwyk device. Got a feeling it was the screen repair that made the difference.
 
through smart switch?

tells me im up to date

odd
Nope. I download the latest firmware via frija and install with odin.

 
I am January already, but I manually flash updates each month.



Well, they taking a chance with @Koosvanwyk device. Got a feeling it was the screen repair that made the difference.
Got the news today that it will be fixed at no cost to me. New screen, new battery, new motherboard, new camera unit at back etc. The Samaung Care plan will over the cost
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X