w1tw0lf
Expert Member
I agree on this.....Surely a river is freshwater?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I agree on this.....Surely a river is freshwater?
Exactly what I am arguing. They say sand, mud, proximity to river mouth (salty) etc etc.I agree on this.....
NopeAs far as I know, screen replacement breaks the water seal and voids the waterproof. Did they mention this to you ?
Thanks, it was as Samsung authorised repair centre as it was a warranty claim. I just read the fine print on the job card and release note I signed when I collected the phone, no mention of water proof seal not being intact.Googled, seems like depends where you got it repair. If samsung repair, should be safe.
If so, argue the fresh water, they taking a chance. Sure legally they have no foot to stand on. No expert on this.
Did you take out the Samsung Care plan at time of purchase? If you did, there is a screen repair with that. The free screen repair, without Samsung Care, is no longer a thingIs the "one free screen repair" still a thing?
S21ultra dropped face down and atho it had a screen protector and cover the screen cracked and is dead. Phone still seems fine as all other functions work.
Trying to get some clarity before I claim via short term insurance
Cool thanks, that answers my question.Did you take out the Samsung Care plan at time of purchase? If you did, there is a screen repair with that. The free screen repair, without Samsung Care, is no longer a thing
So my S21 Ultra landed in the Klein Brak river this December. It was submerged for less than 10 seconds and no deeper than 2 feet.
Phone is a total write off, R30k odd to fix (more than a new phone due to labour) as everything needs to be replaced. Thanks Samsung Care!
I am January already, but I manually flash updates each month.is everyone else still stuck on the november security patch
Quite funny, my phone was in my pocket while I waded through this very river in Dec. 2021
No issues thoughbut did give it a good rinse with tap water afterwards
through smart switch?I am January already, but I manually flash updates each month.
Well, they taking a chance with @Koosvanwyk device. Got a feeling it was the screen repair that made the difference.
Nope. I download the latest firmware via frija and install with odin.through smart switch?
tells me im up to date
odd
Got the news today that it will be fixed at no cost to me. New screen, new battery, new motherboard, new camera unit at back etc. The Samaung Care plan will over the costI am January already, but I manually flash updates each month.
Well, they taking a chance with @Koosvanwyk device. Got a feeling it was the screen repair that made the difference.
Awesome news.Got the news today that it will be fixed at no cost to me. New screen, new battery, new motherboard, new camera unit at back etc. The Samaung Care plan will over the cost
Do you lose OTA updates after this?Nope. I download the latest firmware via frija and install with odin.
![]()
HZA6 - JANUARY | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 31st January 2026
In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G! NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk How to flash the firmware to your phone: 1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to...forum.xda-developers.com