Samsung Galaxy S3

There is an 4.2.1 version on sammobile.com which works 100%.
 
I prefer stock firmware. Everything works.

Everything works on Omega, Omega AOKP, SuperNexus and CM 10.1 too. I have had no issues on any of them. I use CM as a personal preference. Are you at least using Nova Launcher Prime instead of Touchwiz?
 
Made the move back to cm (teamsek). The old kinks seems to have been worked out. I don't think I'll be going back to omega/samsung.

There are now replacements for all the useful features from Samsung, like sbeam and all share.

Omega was fast, but cm is on another level. It's lightning fast, almost iphoneish dare I say.
 
Everything works on Omega, Omega AOKP, SuperNexus and CM 10.1 too. I have had no issues on any of them. I use CM as a personal preference. Are you at least using Nova Launcher Prime instead of Touchwiz?

I used CM on my S2 and couldn't get used to "everything works. Except this, this and this."

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2085171

Confirmed Bugs:
-Bluetooth issues (media streaming and calls)
-random bug where everything is taken as a long press
-Occasional flickering (very rare)
.........-FIX: Ktoonsez 4.2.1 Kernel 1/1 Build. Download link: goo(dawt)gl(slash)xUrML
........ -FIX2: disable HW overlay in developer options
-terminal emulator and movie studio force close
......... -FIX: delete then install from Play Store
-Hotspot issues
......... -FIX: use SVTP
-Visual voicemail issues
-Pandora keyboard issue

Unconfirmed Bugs:
-MMS issues (works on and off)
-First few seconds of songs in Apollo are louder than normal.
-screen mirroring
-dock audio
-WiFi stability problems
-Notification light does not work with unread text messages once the screen has timed out.
-When pressing the power button to turn screen off, there is a delay.

I do have Apex launcher but once again, I don't see anything wrong with Touchwiz. It does what it needs to do and it does it well.
 
I used CM on my S2 and couldn't get used to "everything works. Except this, this and this."

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2085171



I do have Apex launcher but once again, I don't see anything wrong with Touchwiz. It does what it needs to do and it does it well.

I use my phone a lot, and I haven't encountered a single issue on CM. I would change firmware if I did. But whatever makes you happy. My mom got an S3 a few weeks ago, and helping her with it now and again is painful. I'd forgotten how slow and hideous the stock firmware is. Different strokes for different folks though.
 
I used CM on my S2 and couldn't get used to "everything works. Except this, this and this."

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2085171

Confirmed Bugs:
-Bluetooth issues (media streaming and calls)
-random bug where everything is taken as a long press
-Occasional flickering (very rare)
-terminal emulator and movie studio force close
-Hotspot issues
-Visual voicemail issues
-Pandora keyboard issue

Unconfirmed Bugs:
-MMS issues (works on and off)
-First few seconds of songs in Apollo are louder than normal.
-screen mirroring
-dock audio
-WiFi stability problems
-Notification light does not work with unread text messages once the screen has timed out.
-When pressing the power button to turn screen off, there is a delay.

There isn't a single critical item in there for me. And I haven't had any of the unconfirmed issues.

The benefits are huge though ito usability and general happiness with your device. You won't know the difference until you try it. For those on root just make a cwm backup of your sammy rom, it's child's play to revert. But you won't want to
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X