Samsung Galaxy S3

Mine was stolen last night. :(

I've got 3 different tracking software systems on there. Can only remember Samsung Dive though - can't recall the others. When I logged on to Samsung Dive, it tells me that the sim card has been changed, but can't locate or well, do anything to be honest. Probably no airtime on the new sim card or can they block this?
 
Mine was stolen last night. :(

I've got 3 different tracking software systems on there. Can only remember Samsung Dive though - can't recall the others. When I logged on to Samsung Dive, it tells me that the sim card has been changed, but can't locate or well, do anything to be honest. Probably no airtime on the new sim card or can they block this?

How was it stolen? The thing with tracking applications is to track your phone immediately after it's stolen. Not having airtime is a major problem.
 
How was it stolen? The thing with tracking applications is to track your phone immediately after it's stolen. Not having airtime is a major problem.

Effectively broken in to and it was taken...
 
I can't be sure the exact date it was taken. Long story. Any idea how I can determine on what date the sim was changed?
 
I can't be sure the exact date it was taken. Long story. Any idea how I can determine on what date the sim was changed?

If you don't already have that information then probably not. Wheresmydroid automatically smses my dad the new number and geographical coordinates of any new user on my S3.
 
Well I had both Samsung Dive and AndroidLost activated on the phone. I was under the impression that it would do this as that's how I thought I'd set it up. Apparently not. Samsung Dive told me the sim had been changed but that was all. No date; no nothing else. AndroidLost I just remembered and I've sent every command under the sun to the phone now. Problem is Samsung Dive can't pick it up so clearly AndroiLost won't be able to either.

If someone does a hard reset, or flashes the ROM, these tracking apps are removed and serve no purpose, right?
 
If someone does a hard reset, or flashes the ROM, these tracking apps are removed and serve no purpose, right?

Correct. Although there is an Avast app that is able to survive a hard reset if your phone is rooted when you set it up.

One desperate thing you can do is open the Play store on your PC and try to install Lookout Plan B. Unlikely to work if the other apps wont though, needs the phone to be signed in to your Google account and have internet access.
 
Not sure where else to post...

Dropped my S3 from waist height and my screen now has a massive crack across it. Could you please steer me in the direction of a great repair center?

Thanks :)

PS: Sad as F**K
 
Not sure where else to post...

Dropped my S3 from waist height and my screen now has a massive crack across it. Could you please steer me in the direction of a great repair center?

Thanks :)

PS: Sad as F**K

In this very thread there are quite a few posts about it. Just search the thread, google search cracked screen galaxy s3 or read through the pages. Not meant to be rude here - just not going to do that for you. it is in this thread though, so hopefully that's all the help you'll need...
 
In this very thread there are quite a few posts about it. Just search the thread, google search cracked screen galaxy s3 or read through the pages. Not meant to be rude here - just not going to do that for you. it is in this thread though, so hopefully that's all the help you'll need...

Thanks for the reply. Will give a go now.

Peace bro.
 
Correct. Although there is an Avast app that is able to survive a hard reset if your phone is rooted when you set it up.

One desperate thing you can do is open the Play store on your PC and try to install Lookout Plan B. Unlikely to work if the other apps wont though, needs the phone to be signed in to your Google account and have internet access.

Yrs lookout plan b is your only hope. If the thief hasn't signed it of gmail, and you haven't changed your Gmail password.

Next time use avast or lookout.
 
Who needs all of this when you have an incredible police force? Singapore police just arrived to return my phone. In 24 hours, they matched their fingerprints, traced the phone, tracked them down and arrested the bastards. And hand delivered the phone to me. Wow! WOW WOW WOW!

Going to install lookout as soon as I can. Man am I relieved...
 
Not sure where else to post...

Dropped my S3 from waist height and my screen now has a massive crack across it. Could you please steer me in the direction of a great repair center?

Thanks :)

PS: Sad as F**K

I used these guys to replace my cracked screen.
 
Who needs all of this when you have an incredible police force? Singapore police just arrived to return my phone. In 24 hours, they matched their fingerprints, traced the phone, tracked them down and arrested the bastards. And hand delivered the phone to me. Wow! WOW WOW WOW!

Going to install lookout as soon as I can. Man am I relieved...

Wow what a happy ending dj. Happy you got your baby back:)
 
Who needs all of this when you have an incredible police force? Singapore police just arrived to return my phone. In 24 hours, they matched their fingerprints, traced the phone, tracked them down and arrested the bastards. And hand delivered the phone to me. Wow! WOW WOW WOW!

Going to install lookout as soon as I can. Man am I relieved...

I knew there were happy endings in the east.
 
So my room mate knocked my S3 out my hand by accident yesterday and it landed on the bricks pretty hard. I was still in the process of finding the right cover so hadn't got 1 yet. It ended up cracking the top left of the glass and chips on the top and bottom of that silver piece that goes around the phone. Does anyone know if I'll be able to take it to Samsung and get them to replace the glass and that silver piece?

Moral of the story: Always get a cover

EDIT: Scrolled up a few posts and saw the reply about another cracked screen. Will leave this post here as another example to get a cover >.<
 
Special features? Is it cm based?

What's nice about Omega is that you can basically cook your own ROM. You can choose to include or exclude bloatware or only certain apps, can use the standard kernel or any other for that matter.

No, not based on CM. Normal ICS as far as I'm aware.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X