Samsung Galaxy S3

Probably gumtree or bid or buy

Thanks. Should have been more specific, I'm after a legit tax invoice sale rather than a private type sale. I see Vodacom has it for 6999 with two year warranty. Pinnacle for 5999 plus vat but that's only one year warranty. Anywhere else?
 
Reverted to stock. Want to know what the original firmware versions are. I changed the Phone Radio for CM9 forgot to record what it was.

PDA: I9300XXALE9
PHONE: I9300XXLFB
CSC: I93000JVALE9

Can someone who is on stock and hasn't updated their firmware just check what their version codes are?

Dial *#1234#
 
Last edited:
Same. Just hope it does the job in case of a fall.

Nope, fell about about knee height. It was such a small/soft fall I did not even bother to check. Only later found the screen turn into a very dark colour. The cygnett cover prevent any scratches or marks but not the damage. This phone is sensitive in the extreme way.
 
Ok. Reverting to the original modem did the trick.

As expected I lost su, so can I go ahead and root in the usual way (Odin), or are their dragons ahead? :eek:
 
Running the latest ParanoidAndroid JB with XXLH1 modem, great combination.

JB development have gone far in a short amount of time, hwcomposer not working yet so no butter at the moment but rom seems very smooth nonetheless.

Some people are complaining about memory a leak, but I'm quite happy. Free memory are always between 80mb - 160mb. I have to admit though that I'm anxiously awaiting Samsung's JB release, although I would probably revert back to AOSP.
 
Got my pebble blue GS3 yesterday. :D. Awesome phone. The interface is waaaay smoother than any other android I've played around with thus far. I completely forgot about the microsim thing though, so I can't use my 8ta data sim in the phone, and there's no way in hell I'm paying MTN's outrages prices for data bundles :-/ . I considered just cutting the 8ta sim, but the gold chip is abnormally large for some reason (practically as big as the microsim), so I'll have to see if I can swing around the telkom store in Kenilworth Centre tomorrow. Hopefully they have microsims there.
 
Hey guys, I recently got the S3.. I still have an iPhone 4s, I couldn't decide which was better but I am now (heavily) leaning toward the S3 :D

I haven't read all 88 pages of this thread, but I have a few questions:
1. What do you guys think of the Samsung flip cover? (the one that replaces the back). I have a white one, it's getting a little dirty and it's pretty annoying to be honest?
2. How does one clean the above cover?
3. This phone has a radio, is there an app to reverse this to make it into an FM transmitter and use it in the car?
4. When can we expect to get Google Voice? S Voice is ridiculous (iPhone kills it in this area!)
5. Best way to sync with a mac?
 
Last edited:
Hey guys, I recently got the S3.. I still have an iPhone 4s, I couldn't decide which was better but I am now (heavily) leaning toward the S3 :D

I haven't read all 88 pages of this thread, but I have a few questions:
1. What do you guys think of the Samsung flip cover? (the one that replaces the back). I have a white one, it's getting a little dirty and it's pretty annoying to be honest?
2. How does one clean the above cover?
3. This phone has a radio, is there an app to reverse this to make it into an FM transmitter and use it in the car?
4. When can we expect to get Google Voice? S Voice is ridiculous (iPhone kills it in this area!)
5. Best way to sync with a mac?

1. I have the same cover, it does get dirty easily and can become annoying only when taking photos.

2. I clean mine with a can of car upholstery foam cleaner, front and inside. Works like a charm.

4. Google Voice will probably be released with Jelly Bean, although I have read somewhere that it can be installed onto any phone courtesy of XDA Devs. Check out XDA Forums. (will post a link if I find it)
 
Hey guys, I recently got the S3.. I still have an iPhone 4s, I couldn't decide which was better but I am now (heavily) leaning toward the S3 :D

I haven't read all 88 pages of this thread, but I have a few questions:
1. What do you guys think of the Samsung flip cover? (the one that replaces the back). I have a white one, it's getting a little dirty and it's pretty annoying to be honest?
2. How does one clean the above cover?
3. This phone has a radio, is there an app to reverse this to make it into an FM transmitter and use it in the car?
4. When can we expect to get Google Voice? S Voice is ridiculous (iPhone kills it in this area!)
5. Best way to sync with a mac?

1. It sucks
2. It sucks.
3. I would assume a transmitter would have slightly different hardware. Modulating is not exactly equal to demodulating.
4. Jelly bean rumored for September. Siri sucks. S voice sucks more. Both are unusable save impressing your friends with a carefully chosen question.
5. Sync what. OTA syncing should be the the only choice Mac or PC i.e. Google account and outlook/exchange. iTunes shmiTunes.
 
Bought that as well, sold it a couple days later.

Being metal, It reduced my signal and GPS strength big time, nfc won't work either.

Back to a hard plastic one for now.


Yep, I have that cover as well. Very nice. Screen protector also fits well so I'm more than happy.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X