Samsung Galaxy S6

Ok. So this makes no sense to me now. I disabled Google now, and had my weather app only update during specific times, and a lost almost double than what I lost yesterday. Today I'll disable location, and see how that goes.
 

Attachments

  • 1429672685460.jpg
    1429672685460.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 151
  • 1429672695970.jpg
    1429672695970.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 149
Google Play services is the one that went up, so let me see...
 

Attachments

  • 1429672750336.jpg
    1429672750336.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 144
  • 1429672758611.jpg
    1429672758611.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 145
A bit better this morning, only 15% drain.
Screenshot_2015-04-22-04-49-51.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-22-04-49-58.jpg

Wifi, Data & Location on & Smart Network Switch off.
Improvement due to disabling Huawei HiLink app.

What can I try next?
 
A bit better this morning, only 15% drain.

Wifi, Data & Location on & Smart Network Switch off.
Improvement due to disabling Huawei HiLink app.

What can I try next?

I'm at a loss.

Yesterday I lost about 14% with everything ON. I turn off frequent weather updates, and Google Now. And then I lost 24% what.the.actual.fsck.

I'm turning off location today, and see what a difference that makes. And then I'll turn off bluetooth.
 
My bluetooth is always off and my weather app updates every 3 hours. Changing weather app to update every 6 hours. Lets see if that makes a difference.
 
So yesterday I disabled smart network switch and my phone only lost 6% overnight. Down from around 25%

Thanks for the help guys

I have also disabled the smart network switch, battery usage went from 30% to 4% overnight.

Thanks for the help.
 
I have also disabled the smart network switch, battery usage went from 30% to 4% overnight.

Thanks for the help.

Damn, that's good.

Noticed that Power saving mode was not enabled last night. Will that make a difference as well?
 
My battery usage overnight is also pretty good without changing anything.

OT - Does anyone else's Tapatalk crash when trying to attach a picture to a new post?

Screenshot_2015-04-22-07-57-29[1].jpg

Screenshot_2015-04-22-07-57-32[1].jpg
 
Ultra Power Saving is my guess... i have been using that at night with the A5. Costs me 1%.

No i dont use ultra savings mode

Just regular power saving.
Dont have a weather widget running use windguru app

Loose 1-2% overnight

Wifi is on.

Disabled unnecessary apps
Location services are off
Dont use bluetooth
Watch alot of series on my phone

I am Constantly on my phone. Put on charge every morning at 0600 and dont charge during day at all

This battery is better than my note 4 one
 
Damn, that's good.

Noticed that Power saving mode was not enabled last night. Will that make a difference as well?

Yes it will make a difference, I did not use the power saving mode overnight and my location was switched off and my wifi was on.
 
Uninstalled Tapatalk, and re-installed from Play Store. The app has completely changed, so not sure why it didn't update the installed version.
I am loving the new layout, and now I can attach pictures.

uploadfromtaptalk1429691438055.jpg
 
@faniedry and anyone else with Google Play Services wakelocks:

NB: if you dont have root this wont help you at all.

Install Disable Service and App Ops from PlayStore.

Open Disable Service go to System Apps and scroll down to Google Play Services and open.
Untick ConfigFetchService and UserPresenceService. Some people also untick SysytemUpdateService but i dont.

Now go open up App Ops and install and reboot.
After reboot open App Ops and find Google Play Services.
Open Google Play Services and turn off Location at the top and Keep Awake at the bottom.
Reboot phone.

Google play services should now be incheck and not drain battery like before.
uploadfromtaptalk1429698315947.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429698325398.jpg
Im on night shift this week so I have been using my phone alot while at work.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X