Samsung Galaxy S6

Here's some technical specs for all you geeks out there on the S6's display. The most advanced mobile display out there. The most colour accurate too.

The Flexible AMOLED has the industry’s highest color reproduction rate. It has a color gamut that perfectly supports the Adobe RGB color scale. Adobe RGB covers a 30% wider range of colors than sRGB, which is the most frequently used color standard today. QHD AMOLED display technology can depict almost 100% of Adobe RGB, while LCD can replicate only about 70% because of its inherent structural limitations in requiring a backlight illumination source.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ails-Technology-Advanced-Display#.VTn6m1iSz5V
 
I have no idea what S6 you looked, but what you are saying here is very inaccurate.

I've had the S2, S4, S5, Note3 and Note 4, and the last phone with a bit of lag was the Note 3. And I'm being very critical of that lag. If the S6 got any more buttery smooth, it will literally melt in you hand.

The bloat on the S5 was significantly down, even less on the Note 4 and now just about non existing on the S6. Would love to know what bloat you are referring to here.

Also, why would you want the normal flat S6 over the edge? Sense, you make none.

Apple got it right with iOS8? If I remember correctly it was the most buggiest update the platform ever had. Android users had no longer an excuse not to make the switch? Why is that? Because they included a customizable keyboard? Lulz "Normal service should resume with the 6S" what do you mean? That the service was not normal with the 6? Guy, you've tasted the cool aid, maybe you should have another cup ;)

Have you used any phones apart from Touchwiz based ones? The S6 does feel very smooth and I doubt the Samsung store would knacker their own phones, but the Nexus 5 with stock Android is just as smooth whilst having a much slower processor. The S4 was terrible when I first got it, but the firmware updates have fixed it to a large degree (was a long wait though), but it still stutters from time to time when launching apps like the camera etc. and the keyboard, but I'd blame that last one on Swiftkey.

Bloatware,
Nexus 5 had around 33 apps out of the box. From what I can tell the S6 has around 56 apps. Again Samsung doesn't let you uninstall them which makes them bloatware. All that has been reduced is the amount of useless apps.

Edge vs normal S6 = user preference.
The Edge felt uncomfortable to hold and I have to admit that I think its way too expensive and impractical for me and that by virtue of its design will be an expensive phone to repair. R15k also easily buys you a really nice laptop that you can actually earn a living with. My priorities are likely very different from yours and Samsung definitely didn't target the Edge to people like me who are sensitive about costs. I always liked Samsung Galaxy and Note phones because they offered good VFM with lots of features and good screens.

With normal service on the iPhone 6S I meant that Apple's sales volume will drop as folks won't really have a reason to upgrade. Apple hasn't had a good time with software updates lately. OS X Yosemite was just as bad, but they do smooth out problems in time and at least you are guaranteed updates which isn't a given with a lot of Android phone manufacturers. I didn't really want to step into the Apple debate, but with their current sales figures they obviously did something right.
 
Last edited:
Why bother Ichi, by the time you get it there would be an S7 already :p

ROFL. ^5

Yeah Ichigo, he's got a point. You're WAY too patient with this for somebody who eagerly wants the phone. I'm even double-paying on my contract just to get this phone, and my old contract won't expire for more than a year ... not complaining, it's so worth it!
 
Why bother Ichi, by the time you get it there would be an S7 already :p

Don't think it will come out that quickly and I like the even number Samsungs.

ROFL. ^5

Yeah Ichigo, he's got a point. You're WAY too patient with this for somebody who eagerly wants the phone. I'm even double-paying on my contract just to get this phone, and my old contract won't expire for more than a year ... not complaining, it's so worth it!

already tried all the social media routes and nothing works and tried other stores and there is no stock so what more is there to do than randomly waste my time and petrol riding to Durban to get a S6 without confirmation of stock :p.
 
already tried all the social media routes and nothing works and tried other stores and there is no stock so what more is there to do than randomly waste my time and petrol riding to Durban to get a S6 without confirmation of stock :p.

Listen to what the Universe is trying to tell you, and switch to another service provider instead ;)
 
Already tried that, thats why I said they also got no stock and Vodacom only upgrades on the 1st of May on my contract :p
I wonder if you couldn't ask Vodacom to just double-bill for the old and new contracts, if they end up overlapping by a week. I don't see why they'd have a problem with doing that, if it gets them another top-draw sale. Money solves most problems.

I guess it all depends on whether you want to keep your number or not. If you don't care, you could just open a second Vodacom contract and then serve notice to cancel on the other one.

Or you could just wait one more week :P
 
I wonder if you couldn't ask Vodacom to just double-bill for the old and new contracts, if they end up overlapping by a week. I don't see why they'd have a problem with doing that, if it gets them another top-draw sale. Money solves most problems.

I guess it all depends on whether you want to keep your number or not. If you don't care, you could just open a second Vodacom contract and then serve notice to cancel on the other one.

Or you could just wait one more week :P

One thing I am also worried about is that they can increase their prices anytime they want
 
One thing I am also worried about is that they can increase their prices anytime they want

They can all do that. If you read the fine print of any of your contracts, it will scare the hell out of you. I remember reading in my MTN contract that they could cut off my service at any time for any reason, and I was STILL obligated to pay my monthly subscription to them. I also remember reading in my car loan agreement that they could under certain conditions insist on the full value of the loan being repaid immediately, not just monthly like usual.

You sign any contract, you're just acting in good faith that things will work out ok.
 
They can all do that. If you read the fine print of any of your contracts, it will scare the hell out of you. I remember reading in my MTN contract that they could cut off my service at any time for any reason, and I was STILL obligated to pay my monthly subscription to them. I also remember reading in my car loan agreement that they could under certain conditions insist on the full value of the loan being repaid immediately, not just monthly like usual.

You sign any contract, you're just acting in good faith that things will work out ok.

Well the Vodacom one wasn't in our contract and just said read the T & C's on the website same with Telkom's contract.
 
My S6 was just delivered. Gonna be loooong wait till I get home:(

Just have a quick question: Can I change the LED notification colour on the Samsung S6?

At least you going to have a long weekend to play with it.

Seems one can only switch it on & off in settings. Might need a 3rd party app to change colours.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X