Samsung Galaxy S6

Have you used any phones apart from Touchwiz based ones? The S6 does feel very smooth and I doubt the Samsung store would knacker their own phones, but the Nexus 5 with stock Android is just as smooth whilst having a much slower processor. The S4 was terrible when I first got it, but the firmware updates have fixed it to a large degree (was a long wait though), but it still stutters from time to time when launching apps like the camera etc. and the keyboard, but I'd blame that last one on Swiftkey.

Bloatware,
Nexus 5 had around 33 apps out of the box. From what I can tell the S6 has around 56 apps. Again Samsung doesn't let you uninstall them which makes them bloatware. All that has been reduced is the amount of useless apps.

Edge vs normal S6 = user preference.
The Edge felt uncomfortable to hold and I have to admit that I think its way too expensive and impractical for me and that by virtue of its design will be an expensive phone to repair. R15k also easily buys you a really nice laptop that you can actually earn a living with. My priorities are likely very different from yours and Samsung definitely didn't target the Edge to people like me who are sensitive about costs. I always liked Samsung Galaxy and Note phones because they offered good VFM with lots of features and good screens.

With normal service on the iPhone 6S I meant that Apple's sales volume will drop as folks won't really have a reason to upgrade. Apple hasn't had a good time with software updates lately. OS X Yosemite was just as bad, but they do smooth out problems in time and at least you are guaranteed updates which isn't a given with a lot of Android phone manufacturers. I didn't really want to step into the Apple debate, but with their current sales figures they obviously did something right.

Remember, demo units in the store is sometimes pre-released phones, have seperate model numbers, and have bloat like demo software on it, which plays while the phone is on display. So don't rule out a knackered phone. There is not one single person in this thread who owns the S6 or edge that has complained about any kind of lag.

So by virtue of an app count, you make the assumption that everything is bloat? Hmm... not the most scientific reason. I could argue that more apps, means more features. So that makes both our arguments just as valid, or just as useless.

The S6 feels much better in hand to me. The S6/edge is actually not a really thin phone, but the small edges on the edge creates the illusion of a thinner phone. Same thing with the edge itself, illusion of edge2edge screen.

Apple. They did do something.... in the cool aid. People are sheep, and sheep will follow... blindly.
 
heh Vodacom store got stock today and said I could upgrade a week early should I take it?

Which is better Black or Gold?
 
My S6 was just delivered. Gonna be loooong wait till I get home:(

Just have a quick question: Can I change the LED notification colour on the Samsung S6?

That customization is based on the app. So for example you can set the colour in whatsapp, or bbm, or or or, but the app must cater for it.
 
Just switched on for the first time, before leaving work. After reading online a lot about the bloatware that comes with the S6, I am a little surprised to not find any on this phone.
 
Lol Telkom apparently lost my application so I can go ahead with trying to get my S6 phone with MTN or Vodacom without worrying about being accidentally charged :D
 
Someone tried to call me as well, then they sent an sms: Dear Customer We have been contacting you regarding an S6 contract application please Call 10213 for assistance Thanks Telkom Mobile?

When I applied for my contract I mentioned that no one had called me re my pre order.
 
Lulz, telkom phoned me today because I pre-ordered the S6edge... lulz lulz lulz

lol is their anything I can do with the IMEI of the phone they stole from me?


Impressive. They STILL haven't phoned me. Service fail!

If you go with them, you can't say you weren't warned Ichigo.

Not sure if that was directed at me or Fanie
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X