Samsung Galaxy S6

I am, thinking of just sticking to Vodacon's higher prices if I can't get Telkom to do anything

Just dooooooooo it! The prices aren't that bad. Go for the flat version and steer away from the 1gb data 'promo' (that you pay for anyway). Then you only pay R529 a month ... and I've been extremely happy with the great personalised service from Vodacom (especially their big Canal Walk branch).
 
Just dooooooooo it! The prices aren't that bad. Go for the flat version and steer away from the 1gb data 'promo' (that you pay for anyway). Then you only pay R529 a month ... and I've been extremely happy with the great personalised service from Vodacom (especially their big Canal Walk branch).

Just worried about the 75 mins as I am use to 100-120 minutes :p

The data doesn't matter as I have my mifi with 2 gb and wifi at home.

The problem is I have to wait till 1st May to upgrade with Vodacom.
 
Last edited:
Just worried about the 75 mins as I am use to 100-120 minutes :p

Lolol. Let me say one last time, I'm extremely surprised by how broad Vodacom's 4G network is. I mean, I was in Hermanus over the weekend (Vermont actually - sleepy outskirts of Hermanus) and even got 4G there!

I'll trade that for 25 minutes any day (who still makes calls :p).
 
Last edited:
Lolol. Let me say one last time, I'm extremely surprised by how broad Vodacom's 4G network is. I mean, I was in Hermanus over the weekend (Vermont actually - sleepy outskirts of Hermanus) and even got 4G there!

I'll trade that for 25 minutes any day (who still makes calls :p).

Oh, plus just extrapolate the current level of service you're currently receiving, and ask yourself again lol.
 
Can the people experiencing over night drains post a screen capture of the Batter Usage screen right when they wake up?

Let's see if everyone has the same problem, with the same app.
 
Lolol. Let me say one last time, I'm extremely surprised by how broad Vodacom's 4G network is. I mean, I was in Hermanus over the weekend (Vermont actually - sleepy outskirts of Hermanus) and even got 4G there!

I'll trade that for 25 minutes any day (who still makes calls :p).

Lucky, the reception at my house is terrible and only get edge/2g even though we got 3 towers around us.
 
Can the people experiencing over night drains post a screen capture of the Batter Usage screen right when they wake up?

Let's see if everyone has the same problem, with the same app.

WiFi/Data & Location off or do you put it in Flight mode?
 
Can the people experiencing over night drains post a screen capture of the Batter Usage screen right when they wake up?

Let's see if everyone has the same problem, with the same app.

WiFi/Data & Location off or do you put it in Flight mode?
 
Wifi On
Location as you would have it normally. On or Off.

Not flight mode.

And if you don't have wifi, that's fine. Leave data on, unless you getting the drain with data already off.

I do have WiFi. Will leave it on then.
 
Cool will check it tonight with "normal" usage which is location off and wifi on. What worries me is that it doesnt really show the app using the battery in the stats page.

I do have really bad reception at work so I can imagine battery life will suffer but at home I get very decent signal so overnight should be fine
 
Cool will check it tonight with "normal" usage which is location off and wifi on. What worries me is that it doesnt really show the app using the battery in the stats page.

I do have really bad reception at work so I can imagine battery life will suffer but at home I get very decent signal so overnight should be fine

Well let's see how everyone's usage compare. There are some clever people on here, I'm sure we'll figure something out :D
 
Whats the difference between the S6 & the S6 Edge?

Screen design, that's all. The Edge has some gimmicky software features as well, but you'd get it for the look rather. In SA, cellphone companies also tend to sell the 64GB storage version of the Edge, and the 32GB version of the regular S6 (there are actually three different sizes of each). A number of people are complaining about manufacturing defects in the Edge, so just look out for that. Lastly the Edge has less comfort in the hand due to the thinner ... you guessed it ... edges, lol.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X