Samsung Galaxy S6

I will have to take my phone in for a warranty assessment to sort out my signal problems.

Do you guys get more than two bars signal on 4G? I drove through Cape Town today and it was on 1bar 90% of the time.
 
Cell standby: 3%
Time on: 4h28m
Mobile radio active: 14m28s

Google Play: 3%
Mobile radio active: 7m26s

Overall battery on 79%
 
So your battery was bettery during the day, than it was at night? :wtf: that's weird. How is your signal at home?

I have noticed that as well. My signal at home and work is the same at 4G, but I am mostly on wifi at work and at home. The only difference between day and night is the wifi network and that the phone is set to "Do not disturb" between 21:00-07:00.

I work about 200 meters away from home.

If it is the "Do not disturb" mode it would be weird.

Current battery usage : 1 day and 3 hours with 1 hour remaining
 
I have noticed that as well. My signal at home and work is the same at 4G, but I am mostly on wifi at work and at home. The only difference between day and night is the wifi network and that the phone is set to "Do not disturb" between 21:00-07:00.

I work about 200 meters away from home.

If it is the "Do not disturb" mode it would be weird.

Current battery usage : 1 day and 3 hours with 1 hour remaining

I won't ever get a day out of my phone... i abuse it too much. lol
 
I won't ever get a day out of my phone... i abuse it too much. lol

Ha Ha I know, the only worry I have is the sudden dip in battery overnight when I am not using it.

I get more battery usage out of my S6 than I did with my S4 so I am happy about that.

Maybe my S6 is punishing me with a sudden battery dip overnight for not using it 24/7 especially while I am sleeping. Ha Ha:D

I love this phone.
 
So an hour later since this post, and mobile radio is still sitting at the same 13m36, time on battery 3h43.

The only thing that have changed, is that I've been on wifi, since the 2h23 mark

when i leave the office (wifi network) I will mark the time again, and see where it sits when I get home and get back on wifi
 
I have noticed that as well. My signal at home and work is the same at 4G, but I am mostly on wifi at work and at home. The only difference between day and night is the wifi network and that the phone is set to "Do not disturb" between 21:00-07:00.

I work about 200 meters away from home.

If it is the "Do not disturb" mode it would be weird.

Current battery usage : 1 day and 3 hours with 1 hour remaining

how different is your work wifi, from you home wifi, in terms of speed?
how is your wifi signal in your room (when you sleep)
do you have the smart network switch on? (can't remember if you said)
 
how different is your work wifi, from you home wifi, in terms of speed?
how is your wifi signal in your room (when you sleep)
do you have the smart network switch on? (can't remember if you said)

My wifi differs allot at work we have 20Mb Adsl line which goes to our wifi router and at home I have a 2Mb line to my wifi router.
The signal is full everywhere in my house.
The smart network was switched on I have switched it off like you have suggested.

Will have a look to see if it helped.
 
@Reaper84
Why not try setting your phone to "WCDMA / GSM". I am pretty sure the battery drain is caused by a weak LTE signal.
 
Don't root your device or you will lose the Samsung pay feature

Source

If we even get this in SA is another story
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X