Samsung Galaxy S6

uploadfromtaptalk1429726922612.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429726928164.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429726931567.jpg

What do you guys think? Wifi on most of the time as I'm connected to varsity wifi. Location is on and off. Bluetooth off. Mobile radio active seems to drain a lot!
 
To all the people turning location and mobile data off to save battery life, may I just point out that if your phone is stolen, you'll have no way of remote locking/wiping or tracking it accurately? Conversely, leave those functions open, and Samsung's own phone location app is amazingly accurate and flexible.

When your phone is lost or stolen and you don't know the difference, you're NOT going to be thinking about all the battery life you wasted by keeping those functions active and occasionally pinging back to the server ;)

Yes, there's cellphone insurance and that's all good and well, right up until you read the fine print that your excess will be 20% and upon the first claim your excess will DOUBLE. Crazy.
 
Howcome you returned it?

Issues with my contract, they charged my R2300 because the contract I chose was a downgrade, even though my contract officially ends in 2 weeks, and if I downgrade the day after it expires there's no charge.
 
What do you guys think? Wifi on most of the time as I'm connected to varsity wifi. Location is on and off. Bluetooth off. Mobile radio active seems to drain a lot!

Do you have power saving mode enabled?
If not, what is your screen on time?
 
This is what turned me off this phone - you guys are all obsessing about battery life - a phone is there to be enjoyed, not to turn this off and that and try and squeeze hours out of a charge. You should be able to leave EVERYTHING on and enjoy the device!

I was running low with all services and connections on LOW.JPG

So I pulled out this MIRACLE.JPG

And 2 minutes later I am back here :) TADA.JPG

/DUCKS
 
Nope no power saving mode at all. The 2nd attachment is my SOT. If you can't see it it's 3H 15 minutes.
Ah my bad, must of missed that pic.
How do u get that kind of battery life?
I get a max of 15-16 hours with only 2 hours screen time
 
Issues with my contract, they charged my R2300 because the contract I chose was a downgrade, even though my contract officially ends in 2 weeks, and if I downgrade the day after it expires there's no charge.

What provider makes you pay R2300?
 
Ah my bad, must of missed that pic.
How do u get that kind of battery life?
I get a max of 15-16 hours with only 2 hours screen time

I'm not sure to be honest lol. I find that my battery drains very slowly on standby when on wifi at campus but and I'm pretty much on campus the whole day. When I use mobile data, the mobile radio active sections seems to drains a lot of battery. Other then that I have updated the Samsung push service if that helps. I Haven't installed Facebook yet - I think that will lower my battery.

Wifi on all the time
Wifi always allow scanning - only while wifi is on
Keep wifi on during sleep - always during the day but at home I set it to only when plugged in only
Location seldom on
Location set for high accuracy
Google location history/reporting - off
Bluetooth - off
Smart network switch - off
Brightness - set as auto but the slider is usually at the halfway mark

NOTE: This is the first day it has lasted so long.
Will post an update after tomorrow. :)
 
Last edited:
This is what turned me off this phone - you guys are all obsessing about battery life - a phone is there to be enjoyed, not to turn this off and that and try and squeeze hours out of a charge. You should be able to leave EVERYTHING on and enjoy the device!

I was running low with all services and connections on View attachment 209980

So I pulled out this View attachment 209982

And 2 minutes later I am back here :) View attachment 209984

/DUCKS

Haha I used to do that with my S5. BTW glad to see a East Londoner! Represent!!!
 
So an hour later since this post, and mobile radio is still sitting at the same 13m36, time on battery 3h43.

The only thing that have changed, is that I've been on wifi, since the 2h23 mark

Did you manage to solve the mobile radio active draining battery as well? I also found that once I was on wifi the time on mobile radio active paused and as a result my standby drain was slower.
 
So, I turned off Bluetooth and Location last night, and guess what... 6% drain. I'll try this again tonight with only Bluetooth off. I suspect bluetooth to be my culprit.
 

Attachments

  • 1429758447718.jpg
    1429758447718.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 1429758456683.jpg
    1429758456683.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 112
Everyone freaking out about there batteries... lol. I leave everything on except Bluetooth and smart wifi switching and get great distance. Far better than my S4 ever was.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X