Samsung Galaxy S6

My fone came with changelist 4631577 already installed. Just waiting for the BTU ROM to get rid of all this vodacom crap

Your phone probably updated to 4631577. Vodacom probably already pushing out updates. The firmware is only one day old - so there is no way it came preloaded with it.
 
Best battery life I've ever got.
Didnt change any of my usage patterns
No power saving enabled.
uploadfromtaptalk1430032311086.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430032321834.jpg
 
Had the phone now 2 days and the battery is not so bad (I will post screenshots when using it “normally”). Coming from an aging HTC One M7 which I had to charge before leaving work; it is really a very nice and worthwhile upgrade. Samsung really stepped up to the plate when it came to the quality of the phone. No gaps between the glass and edge of the screen; even when compared to the metal HTC phones.
Touchwiz is not so bad, but I always preferred (and install) Nova Launcher, with the Moonshine icon pack (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nexbit.icons.moonshine)which is a nice upgrade.

The camera is easily the biggest upgrade from the HTC, taking some really nice photos even in low light. Had to get me a nice cover and as I really don’t like covering the screen or those flip covers, got me the Samsung Clear Cover. Nicely protects the glass back, but does not hide this beautiful phone.

20150427_163721.jpg

So far really impressed and like mentioned previously, really like the fact that MTN did not decide to install all those unnecessary apps, like other carriers.

And don't forget about one of the best, in may case, features ever; built-in wireless charging :D. Now I am just looking for another wireless chargers for work/home. This looks nice Tylt Vu. Just struggling to find it in SA.
 
The guy who sold me my galaxy S6 edge told me that the screen protectors that had initially been delivered by body glove do not fit and they are waiting for redesigned screen protectors to arrive, is this true? has anyone been able to find a fitting screen protector for this phone? been to a couple of cell shops, no luck... I will not use it until I find the screen protector
 
The guy who sold me my galaxy S6 edge told me that the screen protectors that had initially been delivered by body glove do not fit and they are waiting for redesigned screen protectors to arrive, is this true? has anyone been able to find a fitting screen protector for this phone? been to a couple of cell shops, no luck... I will not use it until I find the screen protector
Have you seen the S-View style case for the Edge. It's pretty sweet.
 
Where did you look? According to their website it should be available.

Looked on all those websites; nothing.

P.S.: The reason I wanted it originally was because the phone will be at a nice angle on the desk when I listen to music via my bluetooth headset. Can also be used as a cradle.
 
Looked on all those websites; nothing.

P.S.: The reason I wanted it originally was because the phone will be at a nice angle on the desk when I listen to music via my bluetooth headset. Can also be used as a cradle.
Yip, checked as well, couldn't find anything. Would also prefer a 45° angle stand for the office. Using the Samsung wireless charger at home.
 
Anyone interested in Dbrand skins?

It's the best money can buy and recommended my MKBHD

I'm planning on placing an order this Friday for the back skin only, as I hate cases.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X