Samsung Galaxy S7

SamsungSA twitter account has stated that VR units can be collected from Sandton City today...
 
Considering it. Vodacom is too expensive.

MTN seems to have a good deal but how is their network now..? Ran for the hills 3 years ago so not sure if it's worth going back to them.

Any Telkom mobile peeps in here?

We've got LTE-Advanced here in Midrand on TM so no complaints from me.

TM is probably 2nd best (behind VC) in terms of network quality. Their pricing is significantly better than VC though.
 
I like that I can make shortcuts for camera modes on the desktop :)
uploadfromtaptalk1457761495262.jpg
 
Anyone know why "game launcher" seems to be missing? Quite possibly because I don't have any games.
 
I told the guy in the Samsung shop wtf that will be like 20 bucks at china mall...
There's a lot of trash at these China places but if you look around properly you will find the good stuff. Picked up a ton of screen protectors, TPU's, Verus and Motomo clones for under R50 each after negotiations.

So what I'm saying is the screen protector and cover comes to R100. And before anyone says "I'm buying a R12k phone and you want me to put cheap Chinese knock off sh*t on it".... Its the exact same thing as the originals (basically)
 
Anyone know why "game launcher" seems to be missing? Quite possibly because I don't have any games.
I only got it after the second game I installed but the little red floating icon comes up with every game you play. It also decided an app I have is a game.
 
OK. Maybe after I get vr i will look at some games. Haven't had any installed on any of my phones for a while...
 
I only got it after the second game I installed but the little red floating icon comes up with every game you play. It also decided an app I have is a game.
uploadfromtaptalk1457762790109.jpg

App can be removed from launcher, still has the little circle.
 
My micro SD card icon keeps showing. Also not getting option to move apps from internal to external SD card storage?

Is my SD card only readable maybe?
 
Is anyone able to find out how to get the SpO2 sensor working? Can't find the option in the S Health App? :(
 
No, SPO2 measures blood oxygen levels.

Unfortunately this feature is only available in certain regions (Same as the S6).

You will have to install a custom ROM to enable this feature.
Same sensor though.
 
I am trying to work out the logic behind it being disabled by region.
In certain countries (such as SA), a blood oxygen saturation meter has to be medically certified for use before it can go on sale. Obviously a cellphone is not a certified medical device, so Samsung disables the feature in the firmware.
 
In certain countries (such as SA), a blood oxygen saturation meter has to be medically certified for use before it can go on sale. Obviously a cellphone is not a certified medical device, so Samsung disables the feature in the firmware.
Makes sense.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X