Samsung Galaxy S7

I am having a strange message come up when I go into the regular browser not chrome that no data connection. Mobile data disconnected. I am on wifi and the browser opens pages fine... Any ideas
 
I am having a strange message come up when I go into the regular browser not chrome that no data connection. Mobile data disconnected. I am on wifi and the browser opens pages fine... Any ideas
Wild guess but is smart switch on?
 
No, SPO2 measures blood oxygen levels.

Unfortunately this feature is only available in certain regions (Same as the S6).

You will have to install a custom ROM to enable this feature.

In certain countries (such as SA), a blood oxygen saturation meter has to be medically certified for use before it can go on sale. Obviously a cellphone is not a certified medical device, so Samsung disables the feature in the firmware.

That seriously sucks :(
My brothers S6 had it enabled? Also a South African contract phone :confused:

I don't want to install a custom ROM and lose my warranty just to get SpO2 :mad:
 
I'm considering the S7 over the iPhone 6S. Have you guys read a good comparison article or video review on why the S7 beats the iPhone 6S? So far I do get the impression that the S7 is the more impressive phone.

I'm coming from a Sony Z2, the only reason I might upgrade now is to get the freebie Gear VR :p Otherwise I'm in no rush.
 
That seriously sucks :(
My brothers S6 had it enabled? Also a South African contract phone :confused:

I don't want to install a custom ROM and lose my warranty just to get SpO2 :mad:
Should still have warranty if you just load a different Samsung rom but may lose things like adh and rewards
 
Should still have warranty if you just load a different Samsung rom but may lose things like adh and rewards

One shouldn't have to go through the hassle of installing new firmware. Should work out the box :mad:
Regulations... :erm: grumble... grumble...
 
One shouldn't have to go through the hassle of installing new firmware. Should work out the box :mad:
Regulations... :erm: grumble... grumble...
Why is SpO2 so important? It's a gimmick...

If you don't understand the parameters of the readings it's not going to make sense to you anyway. Plus it's not properly calibrated.

Just flash another regions official ROM via ODIN and then you're sorted if the mundane feature is so important to you.
 
Anyone on the MTN network able to get the Afrihost APN settings working?
I added the afrihost apn but cannot delete the MTN Data and MTN MMS apn's... :confused:

When I go to http://support.afrihost.com/ip/ it says I'm not on the afrihost network.
 
Anyone on the MTN network able to get the Afrihost APN settings working?
I added the afrihost apn but cannot delete the MTN Data and MTN MMS apn's... :confused:

When I go to http://support.afrihost.com/ip/ it says I'm not on the afrihost network.

I added my Afrihost APN to my S7 Edge, but I've never felt the need to remove the MTN APNs. I leave them there as a backup in case Afrihost goes wonky. As long as Afrihost APN is selected, it won't use MTN's APN.
 
I added my Afrihost APN to my S7 Edge, but I've never felt the need to remove the MTN APNs. I leave them there as a backup in case Afrihost goes wonky. As long as Afrihost APN is selected, it won't use MTN's APN.

That's what I did. Added the Afrihost APN and selected it but on going to http://support.afrihost.com/ip/ it says I'm not on the Afrihost Data Network...
 
Okay I called Afrihost and they confirmed that I am on their network. They said that Chrome cached the page and that's why it was still saying I wasn't connected on their network.
 
Okay I called Afrihost and they confirmed that I am on their network. They said that Chrome cached the page and that's why it was still saying I wasn't connected on their network.
That data saving thing in chrome?
 
One thing I will say about the S7 is that the sound is awesome. I once had a Sony Z and I was damned if I ever heard it ring. It was the most disappointing whisper-soft phone I ever had.
One of the first things I did with the S7 was play Adele's latest album (mainly as it sends everyone else running away screaming). Hello was as clear as a bell. :D :twisted:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X