SARS E-Filing 2019/20

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Yeah, is there a way to file provisional taxes on it?
Reading the app reviews.... looks like last years comments. Endless logging in issues

Provisional tax is easy enough through the web (will do mine in the last week of Aug)

3WA

Executive Member
Reading the app reviews.... looks like last years comments. Endless logging in issues

Provisional tax is easy enough through the web (will do mine in the last week of Aug)
Yeah, it’s off to the website. Time to install flash player for one night as I do every year.

J-10-M

Hello All;

Slightly on topic/off topic.

Last year we replaced all the wooden windows in our rental property with Aluminium.

All the windows were past the point of return, required vast sanding, stripping of paint and revarnish etc. They were the original windows the house was built with. These started leaking water during heavy rains.

Would this be something that can be deductible as maintenance costs?

Or should I just file it all away for deductions against the base cost for future capital gains?

I would prefer to deduct it as maintenance as we are now starting to show profit from the rental.

Many thanks for any advice/tips/hints...

Shayj_17

Submitted last night. Checked SOA now. Balance now shows 0 with refund date 30 July 20. Also check my husband's and SARS got to his profile before I could. See attached.Screenshot_20200728-230224.jpg

Reactions: Shi

skinndeep

Expert Member
SARS has got a tax directive for you but the fund has not yet issued the IRP5 certificate. For lump sums both the IRP5 and tax directive must be on their system and match each other before the assessment gets processed.
Thank you!

SAguy

Executive Member
Submitted yesterday, statement of account shows an electronic refund date of tomorrow.

Lukcydog

anyone here with Standard Bank Securities with TFSA. The IT3s certificates are not matching the efiling amounts, and I want to check if you are experiencing the same?

Vades

anyone here with Standard Bank Securities with TFSA. The IT3s certificates are not matching the efiling amounts, and I want to check if you are experiencing the same?
My Allan Gray TFI contribution amount (source code 4219) does not reflect on eFiling, however the net return value (source code 4239) is correct.

Not able to edit the amount as it is greyed out.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I submitted mine now. Calculator has a very nice negative number :cool: Not selected for verification for the first time in years either so hopefully payout will be pretty soon.

ch@rge

:mad:
After reading all your posts, I got excited and decided to submit - Now I've got an error: 4480 - IRP5 L/S SOURCE CODE INVALID

Can't find a source code 4480 on any IRP5, and my former employer isn't willing to help me because "Tax season isn't open yet".

Anyone got any advice for me here, or will I need to wait until 1 September to re-email HR at my last company, to then fix the error?

blah99

Expert Member
Where exactly on the SOA does it show the payment date? I filed mine on Monday and it still doesn't show anything.

Last edited:

sammi001

I don't mind making an appointment but in the letter they have stated that due to the Covid supporting docs are to be uploaded on efiling,there's also a link to upload but it is greyed out .Also the letter says amend through submitting the RAV01 ,alternatively if no need for amended submit the docs.Could the fact that I amended the details and filed the RAV01 this morning the reason the status is says CLOSED?Tried to make a booking but no option for submitting docs for bank details verification
I changed my banking details last year.

Last week I checked under Banking Details ('Home' screen, 'User' option) and there was a record listed with the new banking details. I updated the branch name and 'saved' it. Record disappeared.

When I completed my return on Monday, it reflected the new banking details.

SyncopicNexus

:mad:
After reading all your posts, I got excited and decided to submit - Now I've got an error: 4480 - IRP5 L/S SOURCE CODE INVALID

Can't find a source code 4480 on any IRP5, and my former employer isn't willing to help me because "Tax season isn't open yet".

Anyone got any advice for me here, or will I need to wait until 1 September to re-email HR at my last company, to then fix the error?
Good Luck. I have a similar issue and Momentum are just not responding to re-submit the information and you cannot edit it manually. I suspect that like me you will have to wait until manual filing opens and have the documents and amounts ready for then. Don't bother calling the SARS call center either.