SARS E-Filing 2019/20

Imoe

Morning all.....

Can anyone to assist with this error:

IRP5 TAX DIRECTIVE NO. INVALID

Traversed the entire site and cannot find any tax directive issued. Called the call centre and telling me i shoudn't be doing my tax return.

Thanks

semaphore

Honorary Master
Morning all.....

Traversed the entire site and cannot find any tax directive issued. Called the call centre and telling me i shoudn't be doing my tax return.

Thanks
There is your answer, you will need to wait until they're willing to support you.

SAguy

Executive Member
I just did my tax now... The owe me a bit, will report back once I get further communication from them.

SyncopicNexus

Morning all.....

Thanks
Yeah or contact the companies that issued your IRP5 and tell them the issue and see if they can update from their side. Don't hold your breath for it to be resolved though, not been my experience so far.

Neuk_

Expert Member
I checked out my eFiling profile last night, should get a decent refund this year but I do still need to confirm a few things, not as much as previous years though but that is what I expect.

Snyper564

Executive Member
I use to get a lot more back in the previous years. That is why it is so strange for me.
Getting a lot back isnt a good thing though necessarily. If you are a salaried employee and your RA and medical is run through payroll you get the monthly tax benefit if you receive a lot back as a salaried employee it means that you only benefit at the end of the year. its more a cashflow thing than anything else.

SAguy

Executive Member
Submitted mine this morning, decent little amount due to me. Not selected for verification.
Hopefully my statement of account tomorrow shows a payment due date.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Last year it took almost a week after submitting supporting docs.
Hopefully quicker this year :unsure:

acidrain

Executive Member
Also just completed my return. Will see how quick the refund is but I've always held that SARS is pretty much on the ball.

skinndeep

Expert Member
Hi Guys, what does this mean "4482 - IRP5 L/S AMOUNT MISSING". Refuses to show my calculations but I have no clue what I am doing wrong?

Vades

I just ran the calculator and for the first time in many years it seems I owe them.

Something I did notice is that under the Tax Free Investments section, which is auto-populated it has a 0 next to "Contributions made" (source code 4219) whereas I contributed R33k. I am unable to change this value on the form. Net return value (source code 4239) is correct though. Not sure if this will make any difference to the overall calculation.

Method

Executive Member
I did mine first week of July, not being aware of that the season is delayed. Got a notification today that there is a message on efiling so when I checked, I see I'm getting moola back. Don't know when, hopefully soon :D