SARS E-Filing 2019/20

Dan C

Honorary Master
I just logged in, but don't see anything for 2020. No return or anything. Should I "request a return for 2020"?
Let us know. Just got the SMS to say I need to accept. Return is actually more than last year.

WAslayer

Executive Member
I just logged in, but don't see anything for 2020. No return or anything. Should I "request a return for 2020"?
I have not received a SMS and also don't have a return issued when I logged in.. I guess my SMS may still be on the way..

FlashSA

Executive Member
So I requested a return for 2020 on efiling and then it popped up to say I have been auto assessed.

And guess what, the auto assesment document has the correct refund amount due to me. I accepted and an IT34 was issued to me. That should be it. Refund EFT awaits....

VERY strange that the SMS had the wrong refund figure

ijacobs3

Expert Member
So I requested a return for 2020 on efiling and then it popped up to say I have been auto assessed.

And guess what, the auto assesment document has the correct refund amount due to me. I accepted and an IT34 was issued to me. That should be it. Refund EFT awaits....

VERY strange that the SMS had the wrong refund figure
Same Experience , didnt get a sms about refund amount though, just one saying the IT34 Notice was issued

WAslayer

Executive Member
Any tips..? Neither I nor my employer made any RA contributions under SARS source code 4006.. My employer offers provident fund, which is SARS source code 4003..

Whilst I do have an RA with AG, I have made no contributions to it for a good few years now..

I can't remove this section from my return and 0 is not an allowed answer to how many RA policies had you contributed to during the year of assessment..

How do I complete my return now..? Do I say 1 and add a zero as contribution amount..?

abzo

Honorary Master
Just got an auto assessment SMS. Refund is R2k whereas it is usually R20k.

Could this be SARS's tactic? under assess and hope people just accept the amount and they end up scoring by paying out less this year?
How do you know if the amount in the SMS is a refund?

I have also received an sms but not sure if it’s an amount owing or owed to me. When logging in to efiling I can’t find a new notice. And my statement of account is R0.

FlashSA

Executive Member

I have also received an sms but not sure if it’s an amount owing or owed to me. When logging in to efiling I can’t find a new notice. And my statement of account is R0.
Tax Ref: *******. Your 2020 Year of Assessment tax calculated results is -R2**5.56, based on the information at SARS disposal. You can accept or edit your return through the SARS digital channels. Failure to do so may result in SARS raising an estimate assessment. For more info, visit the SARS website on www.sars.gov.za/TaxTypes/PIT/Tax-Season/Pages/How-does-the-Tax-Calculation-work.aspx

Negative means they owe you

abzo

Honorary Master
Tax Ref: *******. Your 2020 Year of Assessment tax calculated results is -R2**5.56, based on the information at SARS disposal. You can accept or edit your return through the SARS digital channels. Failure to do so may result in SARS raising an estimate assessment. For more info, visit the SARS website on www.sars.gov.za/TaxTypes/PIT/Tax-Season/Pages/How-does-the-Tax-Calculation-work.aspx

Negative means they owe you
Ah. Mine is not negative. And a HUGE amount. But apparently my employer has issued duplicate IRP5 certificates to SARS so it’s probably related to that.

KantSnyer

As Flash says negative amount means they owe you, did you click Request Return on the top right?
1596113135748.png

WAslayer

Executive Member
Any tips..? Neither I nor my employer made any RA contributions under SARS source code 4006.. My employer offers provident fund, which is SARS source code 4003..

Whilst I do have an RA with AG, I have made no contributions to it for a good few years now..

I can't remove this section from my return and 0 is not an allowed answer to how many RA policies had you contributed to during the year of assessment..

How do I complete my return now..? Do I say 1 and add a zero as contribution amount..?
Could it be my employer told SARS they contributed to a RA..? The IRP5 looks correct..

Lukcydog

According to source code list, it is:

EMPLOYERS UIF CONTRIBUTIONS
Yeah i saw that, except the UIF contributions on my IRP5 is under code: 4141 (which is current according to the SARS website). So i dont understand what they are referring to here...

STORMERSFAN

Just got an auto assessment SMS. Refund is R2k whereas it is usually R20k.

Could this be SARS's tactic? under assess and hope people just accept the amount and they end up scoring by paying out less this year?
I was auto assessed and amount was R600 more than last year.. So I doubt it..

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Did mine one Monday. Was selected for verification. Happens every year i.e. logbook. Uploaded supporting documents. Haven't heard from them again :(