SARS E-Filing 2019/20

adoali

Did you receive the auto assesment SMS? Apparently it you did not you will only get your refund in September. Well that's what SARS told me.
That is a lie they are telling when you call to enquire about refund. Just so that you can leave them alone. 21 days is the maximum after filing. Otherwise they wouldn't have enabled us to submit the returns in the first place

blah99

Expert Member
That is a lie they are telling when you call to enquire about refund. Just so that you can leave them alone. 21 days is the maximum after filing. Otherwise they wouldn't have enabled us to submit the returns in the first place
Yeah that's what I thought. Wasn't in the mood to argue with them.

tk123

I did my return on Sunday, got selected for verification. Uploaded travel log and an ITSA was sent to me today. Does this mean the verification is complete?

sdenobrega

No. You need to get t
I did my return on Sunday, got selected for verification. Uploaded travel log and an ITSA was sent to me today. Does this mean the verification is complete?
no you need to get the completion email to indicate that the process is complete. This can take all of 21 business days.
Hence, we asking who has received their completion letter for verification.
SARS has this weird schedule to complete tasks at the moment.
Seems they working on the auto assessed first

rek123

:mad:
After reading all your posts, I got excited and decided to submit - Now I've got an error: 4480 - IRP5 L/S SOURCE CODE INVALID

Can't find a source code 4480 on any IRP5, and my former employer isn't willing to help me because "Tax season isn't open yet".

Anyone got any advice for me here, or will I need to wait until 1 September to re-email HR at my last company, to then fix the error?
I suspect a bug in the system. I am registered TP with SARS and have a few returns with this error. Have reported it to SARS. No feedback yet.

rek123

Good Luck. I have a similar issue and Momentum are just not responding to re-submit the information and you cannot edit it manually. I suspect that like me you will have to wait until manual filing opens and have the documents and amounts ready for then. Don't bother calling the SARS call center either.
Suspect it is a bug on SARS side. Lot of people having this problem.

ch@rge

I suspect a bug in the system. I am registered TP with SARS and have a few returns with this error. Have reported it to SARS. No feedback yet.
Ended up being my former employer using the wrong code on my IRP5
Its always a tad messy when you leave on awkward terms, and then need them to fix their stuff ups...

Submitted manually on Monday and have already received my return :)

sammi001

To get your SOA, click Request Historic Notice under ITA34. Select SOA and last 6 months.

I filed on a Mon evening. Not selected for aidit. My SOA payment date was updated on the Wed. Paid Thursday.

SyncopicNexus

Ended up being my former employer using the wrong code on my IRP5
Its always a tad messy when you leave on awkward terms, and then need them to fix their stuff ups...

Submitted manually on Monday and have already received my return :)
How did you submit manually I don't see that option anywhere?

GSRit01

I got my completion letter yesterday, but no indication on when electronic transfer will be made when i pulled fresh SOA couple of minutes ago, so I am unsure when payment will be made. Iam glad as I usually wait for the whole 21 days for verification, this time it was quicker!
At least that is a positive. So how many days in total did it take for the completion letter? What did you have to submit?

LoxionpPrince

At least that is a positive. So how many days in total did it take for the completion letter? What did you have to submit?
the usual, my retirement, rental, med cert and expenses, log book. The refund date is due tomorrow, i just pulled a fresh SOA.

adoali

Ok; i received additional IT34 AND IT32 and completion letter today. I filed on the 28th July and submitted both supporting documentation for review as well as for audit after I got flagged for requesting correction. When I called to enquire on Monday the agent stated "sir; the efiling officially opens in September and your audit will not be finalised until then. Today just before 1pm I received my completion letter. I had claimed for home office expenses which was only data charges supported by my bank statement as well as receipts for depreciation for desk and chair which I had imported. It looks like they are working.

GSRit01

the usual, my retirement, rental, med cert and expenses, log book. The refund date is due tomorrow, i just pulled a fresh SOA.
Awesome. So when did you submit the original return and when did you get your completion letter?

Ok; i received additional IT34 AND IT32 and completion letter today. I filed on the 28th July and submitted both supporting documentation for review as well as for audit after I got flagged for requesting correction. When I called to enquire on Monday the agent stated "sir; the efiling officially opens in September and your audit will not be finalised until then. Today just before 1pm I received my completion letter. I had claimed for home office expenses which was only data charges supported by my bank statement as well as receipts for depreciation for desk and chair which I had imported. It looks like they are working.
So that was a week and a bit then? I filed on the 31st July, so here's to hoping sometime next week it happens and not the usual 21 working day wait!

LoxionpPrince

Awesome. So when did you submit the original return and when did you get your completion letter?

So that was a week and a bit then? I filed on the 31st July, so here's to hoping sometime next week it happens and not the usual 21 working day wait!
I submitted on the 29th selected for verification and submitted documents on the same day, i received the completion letter on Tuesday and payment refund notification today. I get audited every single year...this time it was quicker though! Good luck.

TechGirl04

I filed on 2 Aug, also flagged for verification and audit. Submitted all supporting docs on the same day. I am hoping to get a completion letter soon.

GSRit01

I submitted on the 29th selected for verification and submitted documents on the same day, i received the completion letter on Tuesday and payment refund notification today. I get audited every single year...this time it was quicker though! Good luck.
Well i'm hoping then my completion letter will be in the next few days seeing as it was one measly little amount.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Looks like SARS are going to take the full 21 days to audit me :(
Cries into scrambled eggs.

Last edited:

drkev

Hi all

I am trying to file returns for a friend's company (company never traded before - need to file zero returns and get TCC).

I have added the organisation on her e-filing profile. She is a director of the organisation.

I am unable to register for a tax type though - I don't have a tax reference number for the organisation. From what I remember you need to activate a registered representative first? then request Notice of Registration?

When I try to add her as a registered representative I get the error :

"Our records indicate that no active registration exists for the Legal Entity on eFiling.
To use this functionality, you must successfully register one or more of the legal entity tax references against your profile.
Alternatively, please visit your nearest SARS branch for assistance."

I added the organisation yesterday

Any advice? Thanks