SARS E-Filing 2019/20

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Did my return on Monday morning at 9am. Refund cleared my account on Wednesday morning and was in Jersey(UK), in USD, by that afternoon.

SyncopicNexus

Hey guys,

Anyone have any luck with the 4482 L/S Amount missing issue. I tried again this morning and I still can't submit or calculate and I can't see anywhere to submit the IRP5 Document even though the document and the IRP5 shown on eFiling are the same.

Shrimp

Hey guys,

Anyone have any luck with the 4482 L/S Amount missing issue. I tried again this morning and I still can't submit or calculate and I can't see anywhere to submit the IRP5 Document even though the document and the IRP5 shown on eFiling are the same.
Similarly stuck. Alex Forbes say I must speak to SARS. SARS say I must speak to the people who issued the IRP5. I'm a bit stuffed here. Everything's read only.

Edit: I tried to resubmit again. Changed no parameters. Was able to calculate and submit the return. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

skinndeep

Expert Member
Similarly stuck. Alex Forbes say I must speak to SARS. SARS say I must speak to the people who issued the IRP5. I'm a bit stuffed here. Everything's read only.

Edit: I tried to resubmit again. Changed no parameters. Was able to calculate and submit the return. :rolleyes:
SARS website says the issue has been fixed? Mine still has the same issue. Did you have 2 IRP5's?

Last edited:

SyncopicNexus

SARS website says the issue has been fixed? Mine still has the same issue. Did you have 2 IRP5's?
Yeah I also tried again now. Same error message. So not sure how it can be fixed for some and not others. Tried Refreshing the data and still no luck. If anyone else that had this issue comes right please post steps you took, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

KingBel

Expert Member
Yeah I also tried again now. Same error message. So not sure how it can be fixed for some and not others. Tried Refreshing the data and still no luck. If anyone else that had this issue comes right please post steps you took, thanks in advance.
Hi. Can you please send your details to socialmedia@sars.gov.za so that I can report this issue to the technical teams. I need your taxref, id, efiling username and a screenshot of the issue.

SyncopicNexus

Hi. Can you please send your details to socialmedia@sars.gov.za so that I can report this issue to the technical teams. I need your taxref, id, efiling username and a screenshot of the issue.
Can you provide a reference to that being an official SARS email address. That is pretty sensitive information to send and I cannot find reference to that email address anywhere.

Thanks

KingBel

Expert Member
Can you provide a reference to that being an official SARS email address. That is pretty sensitive information to send and I cannot find reference to that email address anywhere.

Thanks
No worries.. you are right to be careful. If in doubt. you can engage with us via the SARS Twitter account.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Anyone know what the point of the question ""Were you unemployed for any period during this year of assessment?" is? As far as I know it makes no difference to the amount of tax you pay whether you were unemployed or not for part of the year.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Anyone know what the point of the question ""Were you unemployed for any period during this year of assessment?" is? As far as I know it makes no difference to the amount of tax you pay whether you were unemployed or not for part of the year.
Also, what do they mean by unemployed? For example, if you run your own business as a sole proprietor, does that count as unemployed?

alphabyte

Presumably ( I am not an expert) "unemployed" means that you were not drawing a salary, hence there is no IRP5 for that period. If you are running a business and are registered as an employee of that business, then there must be an IRP5 which SARS must correlate with your information. If you are not employed, your income must be declared as business income, either by the business (if it is registered with SARS), otherwise in your name.