SARS E-Filing 2019/20

GSRit01

Submitted my return last week. No uploading of any documents needed (first time ever). Unfortunately no money coming back to me (also first time ever :crying: ) but fortunately don't owe them anything too.

bittersweet

Hackson

SARS has got a tax directive for you but the fund has not yet issued the IRP5 certificate. For lump sums both the IRP5 and tax directive must be on their system and match each other before the assessment gets processed.

Would this apply to IRP3's too?

I left one job for another in the last tax year and withdrew? from 2 funds (I didn't really withdraw the funds, I transferred them to the green devil). Problem is the say the accrued one in June and another in February. No idea where to upload them on the system.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Would this apply to IRP3's too?

I left one job for another in the last tax year and withdrew? from 2 funds (I didn't really withdraw the funds, I transferred them to the green devil). Problem is the say the accrued one in June and another in February. No idea where to upload them on the system.
The receiving fund is supposed to provide SARS with a Recognition of Transfer form. If they have not done it, it can also cause problems. Did you get an error message on e-filing?

Speedster

Honorary Master
If in theory, one is able to max out RA contribution of 350K , what is the maximum tax refund one can get from SARS? I mean it could be different max for different tax brackets but is there a Cap mentioned somewhere?

Or is it as simple as gross income - RA = taxable income.
Max would be R350k x 45% = R157 500

Hackson

The receiving fund is supposed to provide SARS with a Recognition of Transfer form. If they have not done it, it can also cause problems. Did you get an error message on e-filing?

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I got an error. Exact same one "4482 IRP5 L/S AMOUNT MISSING"

SARS website claims it's fixed as per number 14 here https://www.sars.gov.za/TaxTypes/PIT/Tax-Season/Pages/How-does-the-Tax-Calculation-work.aspx

I asked the pension and provident administrator if they'd submitted to SARS and they said I need to do it myself. I doubt the green devil will submit since they only got the money in July. I think I might be screwed here.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Thanks for the reply.

SARS website claims it's fixed as per number 14 here https://www.sars.gov.za/TaxTypes/PIT/Tax-Season/Pages/How-does-the-Tax-Calculation-work.aspx

I asked the pension and provident administrator if they'd submitted to SARS and they said I need to do it myself. I doubt the green devil will submit since they only got the money in July. I think I might be screwed here.
You are sure there is no lump sum that was paid out? Did you try the refresh function on e-filing to see if it pulls in any additional IRP5 certificates?

Hackson

You are sure there is no lump sum that was paid out? Did you try the refresh function on e-filing to see if it pulls in any additional IRP5 certificates?
On the IRP3s they sent me it's marked as "Withdrawal - Transfer" on both so I guess the fund were withdrawn but none of them came to my account.

Koosvanwyk

Thanks for the reply.

Something funny here. When did you do the transfer? After 29 Feb 2020 ?

In any event, whom ever you spoke to at the administrator has no idea what they are talking about.

The fund that you transferred from need to apply for a tax directive at SARS. Seeing that you are transferring between Funds this is referred to as a ROT (recognition of transfer).

One they receive the tax directive the benefit can be transferred. The receiving fund then needs to acknowledge receipt by completing their part of the same ROT.

If the transferring fund and the receiving fund captures slightly different values on the ROT it can cause issues (i.e transferring fund captures R1,000,000 paid and receiving fund captures R1,000,100 received due to growth between the date when the fund applied for the tax directive and the date the other fund received the transfer in its bank account).

There is nothing for you to submit or do here. The ROT process is a digital one, you won't be able to access it. You should get an IRP3/5 from the transferring fund that you need to submit when you file, but that should be it.

Ask both Funds for a print out of the ROT form so that you at least see that it has been filed etc.

Hackson

Something funny here. When did you do the transfer? After 29 Feb 2020 ?

In any event, whom ever you spoke to at the administrator has no idea what they are talking about.

The fund that you transferred from need to apply for a tax directive at SARS. Seeing that you are transferring between Funds this is referred to as a ROT (recognition of transfer).

One they receive the tax directive the benefit can be transferred. The receiving fund then needs to acknowledge receipt by completing their part of the same ROT.

If the transferring fund and the receiving fund captures slightly different values on the ROT it can cause issues (i.e transferring fund captures R1,000,000 paid and receiving fund captures R1,000,100 received due to growth between the date when the fund applied for the tax directive and the date the other fund received the transfer in its bank account).

There is nothing for you to submit or do here. The ROT process is a digital one, you won't be able to access it. You should get an IRP3/5 from the transferring fund that you need to submit when you file, but that should be it.

Ask both Funds for a print out of the ROT form so that you at least see that it has been filed etc.

They have sent me both documents, proof of payment and a document that seems to have gone through the receiver of revenue. What I don't get is how I can submit it on eFilling and whether I do need to be submitting it. I might be head over heals here so maybe I should just pay a practitioner and get it over with.

GSRit01

Just got a verification complete letter. (No adjustments as expected). Those of you who received one, how long after did you get payment?

e4et

Expert Member
Update from Easy Equities.

SARS has got in touch to let us know that the technical issues surrounding the pre populating of IT3S information on their eFiling system has been resolved.

If you had previously logged into the eFiling site to complete your income tax return, please log back in and hit the “Refresh Data” button to refresh the data that is being displayed by SARS.