SARS E-Filing 2019/20

skinndeep

Expert Member
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I got an error. Exact same one "4482 IRP5 L/S AMOUNT MISSING"

SARS website claims it's fixed as per number 14 here https://www.sars.gov.za/TaxTypes/PIT/Tax-Season/Pages/How-does-the-Tax-Calculation-work.aspx

I asked the pension and provident administrator if they'd submitted to SARS and they said I need to do it myself. I doubt the green devil will submit since they only got the money in July. I think I might be screwed here.
Same issue
My wife called the administrator, they said the money was only paid in March 2020 so the IRP5 will only reflect in the next financial year, the issue though is that the directive was processed in Feb 2020. So ya, not sure what to do either.

SyncopicNexus

Same issue
My wife called the administrator, they said the money was only paid in March 2020 so the IRP5 will only reflect in the next financial year, the issue though is that the directive was processed in Feb 2020. So ya, not sure what to do either.
Hi. Can you please send your details to socialmedia@sars.gov.za so that I can report this issue to the technical teams. I need your taxref, id, efiling username and a screenshot of the issue.
As per above @KingBel (assuming the email goes to this person) really helped me out and managed to get the issue resolved for me. So I would suggest reaching out.

TechGirl04

Received my completion letter today. Submitted on 2 Aug.

Last edited:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Checked my SARS profile there was no banking details filled in. Sars should have this anyway??

Could be the reason I did not get my refund yet, hopefully it does get paid now.

Tried phoning, but could not wait that long.

froot

Honorary Master
Hi. Can you please send your details to socialmedia@sars.gov.za so that I can report this issue to the technical teams. I need your taxref, id, efiling username and a screenshot of the issue.
Have you had any feedback on this?
I presume my entire company is going to be sitting with the same issue as I am, as we changed funds (it's the only reason I would have received an IRP5 from them).

Tish@22

Hi guys. I am new here and loving this robust forum. I am trying to file my taxes. All my info is there, but when i hit calculate it is giving me:

We could not display your calculation.
4482 - IRP5 L/S AMOUNT MISSING

Please help :( I did change jobs last November (that IRP5 is there).
Hi JP did you manage to sort this out? I have the exact same issue.

KingBel

Expert Member
Have you had any feedback on this?
I presume my entire company is going to be sitting with the same issue as I am, as we changed funds (it's the only reason I would have received an IRP5 from them).
Please send your details (as stated above) to me at socialmedia@sars.gov.za and I will check with the ops team to see which irp5 is missing.

Megzn

Hi Guys, what does this mean "4482 - IRP5 L/S AMOUNT MISSING". Refuses to show my calculations but I have no clue what I am doing wrong?
Good day, Did you manage to sort this out. I am getting the same when I calculate my return.

Radioboy

SARS sure is taking it's time this year.

Recieved a SMS on 31/7/20 , Submitted on 1/8/20 , selected for verification and docs submitted on the same day. Still nothing.

JaseZA

Has anyone had SARS manually adjust their income for a previous tax season with no notification??

Got a 'lovely' call from SARS on Friday last week asking when I was going to pay my outstanding tax from the 2019 tax year - all R200k plus of it!! I was rather surprised as I'm anticipating money from them! Turns out, after the consultant went into my records, SARS manually added R600k+ of income based on my bank account history, after I'd submitted my return and been paid out! The only hint I had that something was going on was a request for some documentation near the end of last year which I submitted and never heard anything further about.

I've booked an appointment to go in tomorrow to find out more, any idea what documentation I should take? Got all my bank records and payslips. Anything else worth taking? I'm wondering if they've done something funny with my IRP5 data - my company got bought out during the year so I had salaries from my old company for half the year, and from the new company for the second half of the year. Only other things I can think they've done are they've flagged transfers from my wife as income (although this is way below 600k...) or they've done something weird with my transfers between cheque and savings accounts? Oh, and I bought a house that year...

sdenobrega

Still no update on verification completion. Submitted on the 29/07 with no further communication.

I called and they said it was being attended too????

my 21 working days concludes this week Friday. Let’s see how this goes

Radioboy

Still no update on verification completion. Submitted on the 29/07 with no further communication.

Same. Spent 67 minutes on the line just to be told to phone again when my 21 working days are over.

Jeruanamo

Filed: 1 Aug
Selected for verification and audit
Completion letter: 24 Aug
Payout: ?

To those waiting for a service agent, request a call back (it works) or use "Help you eFile" on SARS efiling.

Jeruanamo

Calling doesn't speed things up

Jeruanamo

Same. Spent 67 minutes on the line just to be told to phone again when my 21 working days are over.
That's the only available approach, ja. Futile phoning to find out what's going on when all the agent has is the status you see on your eFiling.

TechGirl04

Got paid today!

Filed - 2 Aug
Submitted for verification and then subsequently an audit after I tried to update my return.
Completion letter - 21 Aug
Paid out - 26 Aug

sdenobrega

Got paid today!

Filed - 2 Aug
Submitted for verification and then subsequently an audit after I tried to update my return.
Completion letter - 21 Aug
Paid out - 26 Aug
I got my completion letter on the 26th
Let’s see when the payout is due