SARS E-Filing 2019/20

Fareed001

So after some investigation and comparing my ITA34, mine and SARS revised one, they have updated my "Additional medical Expenses Tax credit". Mine had a higher value compared to the one SARS changed. SARS amount is almost 90 less than the one I submitted. I did submit all the medical bills under supported documents.
90 percent

KoosMostert

90 percent
Did the letter from SARS say why the amount was reduced? Did you submit proof of payment as well? If not, this could be the reason why it was disallowed. Remember the Proof of Payment must be in your name. If it is in your wife's name, then SARS will interpret that she must claim the expenses on her tax return.

Fareed001

Did the letter from SARS say why the amount was reduced? Did you submit proof of payment as well? If not, this could be the reason why it was disallowed. Remember the Proof of Payment must be in your name. If it is in your wife's name, then SARS will interpret that she must claim the expenses on her tax return.
Nope, letter doesn't say much. Typical letter that refers to the ITA34. My wifes name is listed under patient, however I did pay for her accounts. Maybe I will submit the same receipts under her taxes. Hopefully SARS doesn't have file checking software to check CRCs of fileso_O

Fareed001

Aha!. After looking at all the numbers and figuring **** out, I see that SARS did not take in my additional medical expenses which I submitted. They stuck to the amount on my medical tax certificate. Can I dispute this?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Is it me or have have the firms where we save gone nuts.

Contacted firm A today, their uploaded info is wrong. Their reply “am I sure I funded account X”. I almost laughed

Contacted firm B, why isnt anything uploaded? Their reply, “here is it, do it yourself”

Contacted firm 3, didnt received any supporting docs. Their reply “I didnt sold 1 share”. But dividends was received???

My ohhh my

zerocool2009

Executive Member
A very silly question, cash dividends.... whats the sars code for that?

It doesnt fall under interest earned

Sherize

i tried doing my fathers tax today as they said they only opened today if you didnt get the automated sms. When i try to calculate it also gives 4480 - irp5 l/s source code invalid code error, I phoned them and they said that it is an error on the employers side and that the employer need to fix it. Did anyone with this error had any luck with submitting..?

KoosMostert

A very silly question, cash dividends.... whats the sars code for that?

It doesnt fall under interest earned
You must first select the box on the wizard that asks if you received any income you consider not taxable. Then a box will open up that will include dividends. See extract below. 1598951028682.png

Eddie321

SARS has got a tax directive for you but the fund has not yet issued the IRP5 certificate. For lump sums both the IRP5 and tax directive must be on their system and match each other before the assessment gets processed.
Hello Vrotappel and Skinndeep - i also get this problem, SARS put a page up saying this problem is fixed but i still get the error. So how and when will SARS match the tax directive on their system to the IRP5 ? Mine does not show on the IRP5 (Lump Sum)

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Hello Vrotappel and Skinndeep - i also get this problem, SARS put a page up saying this problem is fixed but i still get the error. So how and when will SARS match the tax directive on their system to the IRP5 ? Mine does not show on the IRP5 (Lump Sum)
The IRP5 must contain the tax directive number on it.

MattRoy

Has anyone had to resolve an issue where the number of Tax Free Investments listed is incorrect? I only have one TFI, which is with EasyEquities, and this is pre-populated on the return. The other two are empty and I cannot change the number in the wizard.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Has anyone had to resolve an issue where the number of Tax Free Investments listed is incorrect? I only have one TFI, which is with EasyEquities, and this is pre-populated on the return. The other two are empty and I cannot change the number in the wizard.

I am still busy with my 3 tfsa firms fixing their crap!

What a low blow

AadilG

Had the same issues for someone I knew

Just filled in R0 in the other 2 and submitted, was not selected for verification and was paid 2 days later

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Any joy yet ?

So far 2 confirmed with me.

1. 1 said I must submit electronically
2. Another said they are right, only Reit dividends needed to be declared as its non taxed so far
3. Awaiting for the 3rd

Dinky Toy

I am in exactly the same situation. SARS says they can't help cause it is only suppose to be open in September and Momentum FundsAtWork (my previous employer pension fund) are just saying we have issued you the tax certificate it's your problem now. Tried explaining to the call center agent that the eFiling site clearly states that this needs to be rectified by the fund administrator cause it is 3rd party information that was submitted and the agent asked me how do they submit information to SARS cause it is my tax they can't get involved with that :crying:.

Any way hope yours is not with Momentum and you have better luck resolving this. Please let me know how you resolve it if you do.
Same problem, but funds administrator is Alexander Forbes. Did you get it sorted out yet?

KoosMostert

I had a similar problem, just filled in ZEROs everywhere on the second form. They had an issue intially with the Contribution amount not pulling through, when they fixed this a second blank form appeared. Unfortunately I am unable to submit my return because of the "directive/Lumpsum" issue, so dont know the effect of putting in all zeros.