SARS E-Filing 2019/20

KoosMostert

I had a similar problem, just filled in ZEROs everywhere on the second form. They had an issue intially with the Contribution amount not pulling through, when they fixed this a second blank form appeared. Unfortunately I am unable to submit my return because of the "directive/Lumpsum" issue, so dont know the effect of putting in all zeros.
1599463890348.png

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
1599464632817.png

Finally paid, there was a problem with my wife details, because I am married in COP. Guess the money will show in my account soon.
Had to pay a tax guy to sort it out, but was worth it.

e4et

Expert Member
Same boat still my side. No updates yet ! :(
EE finally responded to my query on my ticket, that they are still working with SARS to resolve the incorrect amounts on the TFI section.

Hope they get it resolved quickly.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
EE finally responded to my query on my ticket, that they are still working with SARS to resolve the incorrect amounts on the TFI section.

Hope they get it resolved quickly.
Thanks for the update. I have 3 financial firms (where 2 fixed theirs), the 3rd one is a BANK ... GRRRR :(

They keep on saying their side and uploaded info is right. So what now, must I go see SARS ? (I emailed SARS also by the way)

Chiseled Jawline

Similar issues with my Tax Free Investment (TFI for the ones who use the lingo). The information is not 100% correct with the auto-fill - only one section was incorrect. Quite frustrating that I cannot edit just this one section.

Contacted SARS last week, waited for 40min on the phone to be informed that I must contact the 3rd Party whom I have my tax free investment with. Anyways, said 3rd Party has been keeping up the communication well via email.
Still waiting for when it'll all be fixed though...

twr

Expert Member
Similar issues with my Tax Free Investment (TFI for the ones who use the lingo). The information is not 100% correct with the auto-fill - only one section was incorrect. Quite frustrating that I cannot edit just this one section.

Contacted SARS last week, waited for 40min on the phone to be informed that I must contact the 3rd Party whom I have my tax free investment with. Anyways, said 3rd Party has been keeping up the communication well via email.
I have two TFI from different institutions. I normally go into the sars branch and they do the filling in for me. With covid it will be my first time doing effilling.

What exactly is the problem you have experienced with the TFI? Or what should I need from the financial institutions to not have this problem?

e4et

Expert Member
Some positive news from EE regarding the TFI issue:

"We are aware of the two current issues on the Tax Certificates
  1. IT3C (Tax Free Savings)
  2. Foreign Dividend
We are working closely with SARS to have these issue resolved as soon as possible.
We will communicate with you as soon as the issues have been resolved and your ticket will remain open until resolution."

KoosMostert

I have two TFI from different institutions. I normally go into the sars branch and they do the filling in for me. With covid it will be my first time doing efilling.

What exactly is the problem you have experienced with the TFI? Or what should I need from the financial institutions to not have this problem?
I have a TFS with Allan Gray. SARS pre-populated, but the annual contribution amount did not reflect. SARS/Allan Gray fixed this, but then the return showed 2 TFS certificates, the second one being blank. I cannot submit due to the Lumpsum/Directive error.

KoosMostert

Directive / Lumpsum Error. Unable to submit return.
Received a response from Momentum (FundsAtWork Fund) that they submitted the IRP5 to SARS in error. They re-submitted yesterday but it was rejected by SARS. They are engaging SARS around the issue and will provide further feedback.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
I made an appointment with sars with my non editable TFSA info. Let me spend 30 min with that!

froot

Honorary Master
Have you had any feedback on this?
I presume my entire company is going to be sitting with the same issue as I am, as we changed funds (it's the only reason I would have received an IRP5 from them).
So Sanlam received this from their tax department:
Because of the above - the tax accrual date on the certificate being in the 2020 year of assessment and the transaction/payment only after March 2020 (2021 transaction year) the member is getting the error message that is valid. SARS indicates this scenario in the SARS ‘Guide to complete tax directive application forms’and states that the member has to include the certificate manually to his/her 2020 personal tax submission.

Please contact the SARS for guidance on the process of manually adding the tax certificate on e-filling.
Lol. Well it wasn't hard to do it myself. Just wished it was done automatically.

Ashez7

Hope some one here can give me some insight.

So i did'nt opt for the auto assessment because I don't trust SARS at all.

So i do the assessment put in everything and now being chosen for auditing. it states i will get a payout but had to send through supporting documents which i did and it reflecting claims not recovered from scheme on certificate about 2-3 weeks ago .

Low and behold they assessed me again with the 4020 code missing from them although i sent the them certificate.

Logged NOO which was such a mission with chrome best do this in I.E or edge it seems uploaded corrected the amount and told them what it should be along in the comment section. Uploaded the certificate again.

now i have to wait again and it says it takes 60 days is this right? has anyone else experienced this?

ele33

Expert Member
Anyone know what happens if you have two vehicles, one is only used for private travel and the other is only used for business travel. Will SARS require the details of both vehicles?

I was only keeping a logbook for the vehicle with the business travel.

SARS agent / auditor said its impossible to have no private travel.

Last edited:

Chiseled Jawline

Update from my side... might help someone in a similar position...

...3rd party came back to me and reported that all information was correctly sent through to SARS. So, instead of waiting for another 40min on the phone for SARS to correct.

I used the power of Efiling... I submitted my return with the error and then requested to file a new one to be submitted with corrections. Then I updated/refreshed the data for the TFI section and viola - correct information came through as per what was in the tax certificate that was issued to me by said 3rd party.

Must have been a capturing glitch SARS side and needed to be refreshed to pull correct info through :unsure:

syntax

Executive Member
I got audited. The auditor decided to just ignore the interest charges on my rented properties despite me submitting those forms and then submitting a form explaining everything.
The second submission I even circled the sections for them.
They ignored it, finalized and made all my rentals pure profit.

On the dispute you cannot change the number to a negative, so can only zero it. I am certain this is what they are going to do.

Painful process this year

zerocool2009

Expert Member
For all the guys with TFSA issues (where the contribution is ZERO). I am now sitting at SARS.

The FIX, add another taxfree investment on the first page. Example, if PSG is wrong, and you have 4, make it 5 and add another PSG one (and only fix that one field that is wrong).

Thats the long and short of my saga. SARS said they are right, and the 3rd party also said they are also right !

LOL