SARS E-Filing 2019/20

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
So I got some feedback on this query, "4482 IRP5 L/S amount missing" message that I got while trying to file my tax return on eFiling, I have found out that it has something to do with a Pension/Provident fund lump sum payment. I can't edit mine, but apparently the source code 3920 for deductions must be used. I followed up with SARS and they said whoever issued the IRP5 for the lump sum payment must edit the IRP5 . They said it is the IRP5 issuer that has to fix it.

View attachment 886338 View attachment 886340
I am sitting with the same problem. Contacted Momentum and they say again it is an error on SARS side. What now? Spoke to several SRS consultants and they indicate it is not their problem. Some of them were really rude and throw the phone down in my ear.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Based on many other posts, this appears to be a system problem within e-filing. I suggest you wait and regularly try to submit. SARS usually attends to problems quickly after they get numerous complaints.
I tried it to submit again, and it did not want to except it. Got a call from a SARS agent I must resolved it with Momentum before submitting it again.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Yeah I also tried again now. Same error message. So not sure how it can be fixed for some and not others. Tried Refreshing the data and still no luck. If anyone else that had this issue comes right please post steps you took, thanks in advance.
I am still with the same issue from Momentum and SARS says it is not their problem and Momentum is no help.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Anybody had issues with the certificate number of a pension payout IRP5?

Malvolio

Anybody have issues with Bank Detail changes while filing the return?

Did the auto assessment (13/08/2020) and due a refund, however I updated my bank detail (new acc Tymebank) while submitting. IT34 received. Submitted all the require documents online, only for a letter to come through on the 09/09/2020 stating the picture of me , my id and case number wasn't clear enough. Re-submitted with a clearer pic. ITSA requested and received. Balance still on the account. Tax compliant status green, and every time I click refresh , the balance due to me stares me in the face.

Still no joy of payment .... called them / call back requested numerous times, call centre useless. Says it's in processing. What's the turnaround times, any other avenues or resubmit options to get the bank details processed .... Can't make a appointment at the branch as they only do video or call, and they whole story repeats ... submitted an online compliant .... lol .. doesn't mean jack.

Damn .... Hope there are at least a few successful stories out there regarding bank detail changes ....

Malvolio

I changed my banking details when submitting my return end of Aug. I received correspondence from SARS that they need supporting documents for the new banking details. I submitted this almost a month ago. I've been trying to call them this week but there are either 900+ people on the line, or I'll be helped in 15 minutes neither of which I have time for. I requested a callback but they not calling me. So how long does SARS normally take to approve or do whatever they need to do with supporting documents for a change in banking details?
Guess we in the same boat ..... And number 59678 in the queue ....

Malvolio

Thanks guess I'll just keep on trying.

Was hoping this would be as seamless and automated as submitting a return but guess they have some manual intervention that is required and someone has been sleeping on it.

They mentioned 21 working days .... Any luck your side? Mine would be 8th October then :(

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Filed: 1 Aug
Selected for verification and audit
Completion letter: 24 Aug
Payout: ?

To those waiting for a service agent, request a call back (it works) or use "Help you eFile" on SARS efiling.
Tried it just got twice, never received a call back and via Help you, the phone got put down in my ear.

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
Sorry. Can you please try resending.
Good day, I have sent you an email regarding my Tax query. SARS indicated Metropolitan has loaded the wrong source code, but Metropolitan indicates it is correct. Is it possible please that you can assist me?

w@nted

For some reason I cannot save/calculate my return. After I filled in everything and click save/calculate the screen just does not load further. Anyone else experienced this?

*Edit
For some reason it loaded when page zoom was changed to 80%. Weird.

Last edited:

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Question to the landlords :

I submitted my tax, getting this error : "SARS will advise you as soon as your return has been assessed. RENTAL-DESC-OTHER-EXP ... S-INVALID CHARACTER ENTERED IN SURNAME"

Anyone maybe seen this or had the same issue ?

Its for sure nothing related to a surname, that can I tell you.

KoosMostert

I am still with the same issue from Momentum and SARS says it is not their problem and Momentum is no help.
I actually received a letter from Momentum (after copying in head office and the Pension Ombud) stating the issue is on Momentum's side. Matter was supposed to be resolved this week, but I tried today and after refresh still no change. 1602227331697.png

KoosMostert

Question to the landlords :

I submitted my tax, getting this error : "SARS will advise you as soon as your return has been assessed. RENTAL-DESC-OTHER-EXP ... S-INVALID CHARACTER ENTERED IN SURNAME"

Anyone maybe seen this or had the same issue ?

Its for sure nothing related to a surname, that can I tell you.
Most returns that I have submitted that has rental income is rejecetd for manual assessment. It seems to relate to the property identifier, even though it is correctly entered.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Most returns that I have submitted that has rental income is rejecetd for manual assessment. It seems to relate to the property identifier, even though it is correctly entered.

I know for a fact the unique identifier should be blank, as that gets assigned after you submitted.

Think I will wait till they come back to me

Red Plumstead

Expert Member
My issues was resolved at last by Momentum. It is a pity that my pension is lying with Momentum as they are the worse company to deal with. No feedback is ever provided. I look at their rating in general at is right at the lowest spectrum. HelloPeter etc. And I am getting something back from SARS and it is the first time ever I was not selected for an audit.