SARS E-Filing 2019/20

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Submitted 6 Aug and extra docs next day or so related to property income. Payment received today ;-)

j4ck455

Executive Member
Anyone (other than myself) not getting OTP emails from eFiling?

Malvolio

Anybody that has had a refund to a Tymebank acc or maybe knows how long it takes from the SOA refund date for the funds to show in a Tymebank acc? My SOA refund date says the 10/10. Previously it took 48hrs to FNB.
Thx

cathmtb

Can anyone assist with this error. I resigned from my company last year, I assume it has something to do with that, I have emailed HR to check for me. I have checked all my contributions (retirement and medical) and they are correct.

0024 (4482) – IRP5 RECEIVED INVALID

Please note that SARS will not process the return, There is a finalised tax directive processed but no lump sum amount is declared on the return. Please contact the Fund administrator/Employer to rectify the error and submit the rectified return.

I don't want to have to pay a tax practitioner for one small thing like this

Malvolio

Anybody had a refund reversal and SARS said the refund is under review as to the need to Lift a Special Stopper?
Damn, this taking turns and so long. Could it be that my Tyme acc is new and not much going on in there .... ah well, guess I another appointment, another run around, another month ....

Attachments

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Still waiting for any kind of feedback regarding the lump sum issue :(

Luke14

Anybody had a refund reversal and SARS said the refund is under review as to the need to Lift a Special Stopper?
Damn, this taking turns and so long. Could it be that my Tyme acc is new and not much going on in there .... ah well, guess I another appointment, another run around, another month ....
I am having the same issue, been told different things each time I have called the call center, 1) we are auditing your 2019 tax return but must release your 2020 refund and then 2) we are auditing your 2019 tax return and no refund will happen while we have 60 business days to come back to you.
I just wish we could get clear and concise communication from them as to what is going on.

twilliams5

Hi

Can someone please help. Submitted my tax return and also did a correction for last year as I forgot to load one irp5. Got selected for verification and uploaded supporting docs. Then got a letter of completion for this year's return. Checking my SOA it said electronic return for today but only a portion of last year's (not the full amount). Got the money this morning but what about the rest of the money?? May SOA still shows the remainder owing to me (no penalties) for last year and this year. TIA

Attachments

Koosvanwyk

Hi

Can someone please help. Submitted my tax return and also did a correction for last year as I forgot to load one irp5. Got selected for verification and uploaded supporting docs. Then got a letter of completion for this year's return. Checking my SOA it said electronic return for today but only a portion of last year's (not the full amount). Got the money this morning but what about the rest of the money?? May SOA still shows the remainder owing to me (no penalties) for last year and this year. TIA
According to the SOA the verification/ audit is not yet completed. It does however not say what tax year SARS is still auditing or verifying.
In any event, it is likely that SARS will hold on to the money until all verifications /audits are done.

Koosvanwyk

Thanks Koos. Do you perhaps know why I would receive that R4554 amount now?
The only logical answer that I can think of is that the refund relates to a prior tax period (2019 maybe or before) where SARS completed the verification. Generally they wont refund anything for, say 2020, if 2019 or 2018 is still in progress.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Any comments or feedback on guys who got the message/error: Sars need to do manual changes/fixes before it can be processed.

Thats what I got after submitting...

twilliams5

The only logical answer that I can think of is that the refund relates to a prior tax period (2019 maybe or before) where SARS completed the verification. Generally they wont refund anything for, say 2020, if 2019 or 2018 is still in progress.
Thank you for taking the time to respond and Thanks for your help

Georgios

Some advice please. I have quite a few medical expenses that I did not put through medical aid. Can I just put the total in my E-filing form or should I put the invoices through to the medical aid company and also E-filing?

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Some advice please. I have quite a few medical expenses that I did not put through medical aid. Can I just put the total in my E-filing form or should I put the invoices through to the medical aid company and also E-filing?
I would say via efiling only. Just keep all the proof.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Cool. Thanks. Last question. Some of my invoices do not have a practice number. Like pilates. Can I include those?
That I cant answer. Think its a gamble

I know any medication costs without getting the insurance involved, can be claimed as non medical aid costs

zerocool2009

Expert Member
I cant express how f-up the sars system is.

I made an appointment. Now I am trying to upload docs what the query is.

Errors galore

Ffs SARS!!!!

Hackson

Like a few/many here I was getting the "4482 IRP5 L/S amount missing" so I decided to pay TaxTim (Discount voucher from OldMutual) to do my taxes. Well that didn't help I am stuck with the below. Just hope they fix it before the season closes later this year.

1603099678317.png