Scott's Shipping Services - FORMERLY UNDER "POSSIBLE LIQUIDATION"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what scammers budget on, they know that the recovery process will out weigh the cost and so they carry on with impunity. In South Africa with virtually no law enforcement it’s a scammers paradise :(
It's true. Consumers aren't really that well protected.
 
No f**king way. :ROFL:

He really thinks he will be able to operate in public after the history? I mean, to be honest, those who stood up for him before will be his target clients going forward, as they're stupid enough.

Actually, we need a summary of the history to point out to people what actually was done here. Any idea if we can get ChatGPT to summarise this thread?
If I were him, I'd use a different name for trading.
 
As someone who has been through the liquidation of a company pretty recently, I am a bit surprised by this also.

Whatever his arrangement is with his creditors as per the email they sent @BBSA, they need to be pretty sure about their financial situation and the chance of successfully making this work. Because any creditor, no matter how small the debt owed is, could easily throw a spanner in the works and sue via motion court to get a judgement, and then force liquidation proceedings if they aren’t paid in full.

In all honesty, with the amount of bad press this company has gotten, I would have gone the voluntary liquidation route if I was Scott, and then rather registered a new business under a new name once the settlement had been finalised.

I want to make it clear, I am not defending the guy, and I don’t have any skin in the game here, but doing things the way he is, is a really strange way to do it, if your plan is to rip people off. It’s above and beyond what is legally required, and it’s very risky to his own financial position if someone does go the liquidation route and it comes out with the master of the court that he was trading recklessly and did not file for voluntary liquidation as soon as that become clear.
 
Has anyone verified that it’s actually him?

He could have sold it under false pretences.
 
As someone who has been through the liquidation of a company pretty recently, I am a bit surprised by this also.

Whatever his arrangement is with his creditors as per the email they sent @BBSA, they need to be pretty sure about their financial situation and the chance of successfully making this work. Because any creditor, no matter how small the debt owed is, could easily throw a spanner in the works and sue via motion court to get a judgement, and then force liquidation proceedings if they aren’t paid in full.

In all honesty, with the amount of bad press this company has gotten, I would have gone the voluntary liquidation route if I was Scott, and then rather registered a new business under a new name once the settlement had been finalised.

I want to make it clear, I am not defending the guy, and I don’t have any skin in the game here, but doing things the way he is, is a really strange way to do it, if your plan is to rip people off. It’s above and beyond what is legally required, and it’s very risky to his own financial position if someone does go the liquidation route and it comes out with the master of the court that he was trading recklessly and did not file for voluntary liquidation as soon as that become clear.

I have a strong suspicion the creditors don’t exist…
 
I have a strong suspicion the creditors don’t exist…
Possibly just the bank if he took a loan to buy the batteries. Other then that, what are his creditors, shipping companies? All those charges are paid before he buys the product. Or doesn't buy the product for all the guys in the last few months.
 
Possibly just the bank if he took a loan to buy the batteries. Other then that, what are his creditors, shipping companies? All those charges are paid before he buys the product. Or doesn't buy the product for all the guys in the last few months.
Well, every customer who has paid an invoice and not received their product/service would also be considered a creditor in a liquidation process.

My feeling would be (If the creditor story is real) would rather be that the bank or some other major creditor would have given him a loan to allow him to either refund or fulfil all outstanding orders, and then repay the loan out of future profits.

Without doing that, this seems like a super risky move to continue trading.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X