SEO

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
So you want free advice on somthing other people pay for? LOL.

Well your home page sucks from an SEO perspective. That's a definite.

philaniH

i am planning to populate the homepage. just need some few suggestions

ch@rge

Try using a Google search - They're quite clued up on SEO...

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Shame the poor guy in the first pic is missing the top of his head :(

chopsky

Expert Member
Firstly, there's a good chance Google just hasn't gotten around to actually indexing your site. Especially if it's a new site.

Secondly, if you're interested in ranking higher in Google (once the site has actually indexed), you'll either need to learn SEO yourself, or employ an SEO expert. If you'd rather learn it, just Google "learn SEO" or something along those lines, and you'll likely find a myriad or worthwhile tutorials. Don't expect to learn great SEO overnight either. The basics, sure. Though even the basics (like decent on-page SEO) can sometimes make a big difference.

philaniH

Firstly, there's a good chance Google just hasn't gotten around to actually indexing your site. Especially if it's a new site.

Secondly, if you're interested in ranking higher in Google (once the site has actually indexed), you'll either need to learn SEO yourself, or employ an SEO expert. If you'd rather learn it, just Google "learn SEO" or something along those lines, and you'll likely find a myriad or worthwhile tutorials. Don't expect to learn great SEO overnight either. The basics, sure. Though even the basics (like decent on-page SEO) can sometimes make a big difference.

Thank you. and all other responses

philaniH

Im thinking html will do the work. these cms's are a problem Sometimes. let me do a simple design

murraybiscuit

Executive Member
philani. why would google think that your site is more important than the other hundred billion out there?
if you were google, how would you go about comparing websites based on user-specified search terms?
you don't just put your site online and then suddenly it goes to the top of serps and then leads happen.
educate yourself a bit on how content, structure and affiliation relate to search ranking and you're better off in the long run.
i think it's always better to start a site with the idea of what people are going to be looking for and then formulate content around that. you can't retro-fit it.

that's just the search side.
you need to think more about your images (i don't see anybody looking like they're learning or have a bright future in those pics)
you need to think more about content (what does a learner want, how much detail do they need and how are you going to lead them through the sales cycle?)

anyways, this topic should be moved to web & software dev section imo.

Last edited:

chopsky

Expert Member
Im thinking html will do the work. these cms's are a problem Sometimes. let me do a simple design

Not true. Wordpress (which you're using) is perfectly fine, and often easier to optimize, for SEO.

Do some basic research before you go about redesigning the site.

And I also agree that this thread is better fitted to the Web & Software Dev forum.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
hello

I have signed up for seller,done my website and i cant find my self in Google. my seo seems weak and now i dont know what to do. any suggestions?

Thanks
my site = http://moonlightprivatecollege.co.za/

Those who know how will never tell, those who tell don't really know....

A secret though, do try beat the system. Google is used by millions for not delivering junk when you are looking for something. Focus on making your info relevant and useful, if your pages are filled with useless info no SEO "Expert" will get you to the top.