SIP Trunks

georgegolding

Euphoria Telecom
Company Rep
sorry to jump in here - but i haven't touched SIP for a while.

Will it be possible to setup a asterisk/ similar service in the office, to allow internal calls, and then connect a few sip accounts "trunks" to Fresh for outbound lines?
I am affiliated with Fresh PHONE and we have no problem with you adding our SIP trunk to a PBX, however you need to get it working on your own. It is limited to 2 concurrent calls and 1 international call at any time.

Molokai

I am affiliated with Fresh PHONE and we have no problem with you adding our SIP trunk to a PBX, however you need to get it working on your own. It is limited to 2 concurrent calls and 1 international call at any time.
Hi Georgegolding

Are we able to access this freshphone 087 number from overseas? I'm keen to have it up and running from New Zealand. Will this be possible?

I am currently with telfree and I have been using my current 087 number in new Zealand for years, its worked really well for us but the company has now apparently gone into receivership, so I'm looking for a new solution.

georgegolding

Euphoria Telecom
Company Rep
Hi Georgegolding

Are we able to access this freshphone 087 number from overseas? I'm keen to have it up and running from New Zealand. Will this be possible?

I am currently with telfree and I have been using my current 087 number in new Zealand for years, its worked really well for us but the company has now apparently gone into receivership, so I'm looking for a new solution.
Yes you would dial +2787, and it will work. An 087 number is simply a non geographic number, ie it is not affiliated with a Town or Region such as we all know 021 is Cape Town. Outside of that, it is a global phone number and can be treated as such.

Last edited:

Neo_X

Expert Member
thank you sir!
yup i don't mind experimenting a little - always good to learn! :D

Last edited:

airborne

Executive Member
Yes you would dial +2787, and it will work. An 087 number is simply a non geographic number, ie it is not affiliated with a Town or Region such as we all know 021 is Cape Town. Outside of that, it is a global phone number and can be treated as such.
Gave your sip a try, very nice, smashes FNB voip offering in terms of call quality and uptime.
Prices are also competitive, thanks I have been searching for a good local SIP/VOIP provider in Sa for quite some time!

Kallu_B

Hey Guys, I am planning to use this service as well.

I would just like to find out, with your sip how many calls can be made/received simultaneously?

Also, Will i be able to load this on a PABX for call distribution etc?

Please advise.

AsteriskUser

Hey Guys, I am planning to use this service as well.

I would just like to find out, with your sip how many calls can be made/received simultaneously?

Also, Will i be able to load this on a PABX for call distribution etc?

Please advise.
Hi Kallu_B, I have managed to use a FreshPHONE account with queues, ring groups, ivr’s etc. It all works fine how ever the call concurrency is limited to 2, 1 in 1 out or 2 in, 2 out etc. I think they do this because it’s a free service and it makes no sense to be providing sup trunks for free when they have to pay for hosting and transit fees. Someone could slap that trunk into a dialer and suddenly they terminating 1000 sim calls through their network.

I believe if you want to get an actual sip trunk where you pay per channel as it were, you would need to speak to Euphoria telecom, their parent company.

Hope this helps :)

chrisc

Executive Member
Freshphone is very good

BUT - make sure any IP phone or ATA adaptor has the G-729 audio codec installed, or the voice quality will be compromised

The freshphone app for mobile phones does not have this installed, hence some calls will be intelligible

You can open as many freshphone accounts as you like and have 2 lines in each

I have 4 accounts, one for an IP phone, one for an ATA adaptor which looks after the alarm dialer and one each for my and my wife's mobile phones

AsteriskUser

Freshphone is very good

BUT - make sure any IP phone or ATA adaptor has the G-729 audio codec installed, or the voice quality will be compromised

The freshphone app for mobile phones does not have this installed, hence some calls will be intelligible

You can open as many freshphone accounts as you like and have 2 lines in each

I have 4 accounts, one for an IP phone, one for an ATA adaptor which looks after the alarm dialer and one each for my and my wife's mobile phones
I have noticed that the call quality on the app lacks when using ilbc, a really old codec, and surprisingly opus too. Should you want decent call quality on the app use gsm or alaw. You can’t actually set this you have to ask them. As stated the g729 codec is good but only comes with a sip device like a phone/ata or asterisk.

Kallu_B

Hi Kallu_B, I have managed to use a FreshPHONE account with queues, ring groups, ivr’s etc. It all works fine how ever the call concurrency is limited to 2, 1 in 1 out or 2 in, 2 out etc. I think they do this because it’s a free service and it makes no sense to be providing sup trunks for free when they have to pay for hosting and transit fees. Someone could slap that trunk into a dialer and suddenly they terminating 1000 sim calls through their network.

I believe if you want to get an actual sip trunk where you pay per channel as it were, you would need to speak to Euphoria telecom, their parent company.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you!! Well it makes sense, nevertheless, I am using it and enjoying the features. The Actual SIP Trunk should accommodate PCMU and A? I do prefer to use U-law. I will get in touch with Euphoria.

Thanks again!

chrisc

Executive Member
I applied to have my 021xx number ported
It was confirmed as having been done on 5th Feb
Then I discovered that calling the 021xx number caused the mobile phone to ring. The IP phone does not ring
(If the 087xx number is dialled, the IP phone will ring)
I was told not to use that number on a mobile phone, so got another (second 087xx number)
Tried to divert calls from second 087 number to the first 087xx number. This does not work. An unobtainable number message is received

AsteriskUser

I applied to have my 021xx number ported
It was confirmed as having been done on 5th Feb
Then I discovered that calling the 021xx number caused the mobile phone to ring. The IP phone does not ring
(If the 087xx number is dialled, the IP phone will ring)
I was told not to use that number on a mobile phone, so got another (second 087xx number)
Tried to divert calls from second 087 number to the first 087xx number. This does not work. An unobtainable number message is received
One thing I also noticed about the app, it’s not only their app, it’s a white labeled sip app by a company called acrobits, many guys use this such as vox and iConnect etc, if you register it also registered with an external push notification server, this allows the calls to be pushed to you while the app is minimized or closed. This is basically the main reason everyone uses these guys, the point is at all times asterisk needs to know where to deliver a call. If you register with the app but delete it with out resetting it or even some times if you do the push registration get stuck on acrobits side, this is more than likely why your IP phone doesn’t ring. I would ask FreshPHONE to check and see if it’s still using the app registration even after you have reset and if so request they log a ticket to have it removed. It can be a pain but it may be your only option.

mauzilla

We're looking for a provider where we can configure their trunk on our PBX and what a mission! We contacted Voys (which in my opinion offers exceptional support) but they do not offer you to use their trunk on your own PBX. For us the most important thing is having telephonic support (unfortunately I see freshphone has no contact number). Any other suggestions?

mister

Executive Member
We're looking for a provider where we can configure their trunk on our PBX and what a mission! We contacted Voys (which in my opinion offers exceptional support) but they do not offer you to use their trunk on your own PBX. For us the most important thing is having telephonic support (unfortunately I see freshphone has no contact number). Any other suggestions?
Switchtel Business Trunk.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Give us a call!

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Hi @websquadza

Ported my number to you at the beginning of the month when I moved ISP's. All been working great so far, but have been meaning to ask what this item is in the portal, but hadn't got that far:

View attachment 787669
We don't use the VoIP portal for billing, rather everything is managed through my.websquad.co.za. So this shouldn't appear in the VoIp Portal. Will get it checked out.