Skyfi WISP

Any one using SKYFi WISP in Atterburry road? How is there service? There website shows price it is very attractive!

angotull

I would love to know too. I like their prices but would love to know more about them service wise.

breacher

A lot of interest lately regarding SKyFi, maybe ask them to get a representative on here? *hint* :)

tommy65

i was looking at SkyFi in the Westrand area (Heldekruin) still waiting on them fos LOS, i have LOS of Wirulink but SkyFi seem to be giving a 20meg speeds for similar price of what Wirulink is offering for their 10meg speeds...i hope it is worth it though...

EnderZaMan

We have very close friends using SkyFI, very reliable. They're on a 10Mbps package. Usually goes above 10Mbps though.

I believe they have towers in Pletburg and near Silver Ball in the South of Johannesburg.

Hendrix

I filled in their online form, will see if they have coverage in my area, pricing looks very good

Method

Executive Member
I filled in their online form, will see if they have coverage in my area, pricing looks very good
Got any feedback?

Also just filled in the form. I'm in Equestria. Need a wireless service.

dpicota

SkyFi Review (client for 4 months)

I have been with sky-fi since february this year.

Line speeds - 7/10 (have a 10meg line, and is usually 6-9mbs)
Support - 3/10 (they do not let you know if something is down, and do not respond to any tickets within 1 day. sometimes it takes 4 days to get a repsonse)
Price - 9/10 (they are really competitive with price, but in saying that, you sort of get what you pay for)

Torrenting on the line is good, get a constant 600 - 800 kbps download (no throttling has been experienced even after 300gig in a month), youtube works great 1080p no problem. Twitch is slow (sometimes i cant even watch on low).

Not alot of downtime, but you do get packet loss (i guess it comes with having a WISP)

all in all i would rate them a solid 6.5/10. (support really sucks though).

Hope this would help making up someone's mind

eehellfire

Executive Member
I have been with sky-fi since february this year.

Line speeds - 7/10 (have a 10meg line, and is usually 6-9mbs)
Support - 3/10 (they do not let you know if something is down, and do not respond to any tickets within 1 day. sometimes it takes 4 days to get a repsonse)
Price - 9/10 (they are really competitive with price, but in saying that, you sort of get what you pay for)

Torrenting on the line is good, get a constant 600 - 800 kbps download (no throttling has been experienced even after 300gig in a month), youtube works great 1080p no problem. Twitch is slow (sometimes i cant even watch on low).

Not alot of downtime, but you do get packet loss (i guess it comes with having a WISP)

all in all i would rate them a solid 6.5/10. (support really sucks though).

Hope this would help making up someone's mind
Any rain issues?

crowbar2008

Is anyone on SkyFi in the brackenhurst area?
My internet has been down from yesterday morning and I am still waiting. I did get a sms saying it will be down and it should take about 2hrs. Its been more than 24HRS. Sending them emails gets you no where and no one responds to them. Phoning them the phone just rings and rings and eventually dies.

I did get hold of a guy this morning and he promissed to phone me back to let me know whats happening and he even asked if someone is home in case they need to send someone to come have a look at my equipment. With it in being less than a month I am already regreting signing up with them.

dpicota

They have sent an email out with a change of number, have you tried the new number ? i normally get a response on email within an hour or so

Tuscansun

How long does it take them to respond to an online form been waiting two weeks for a response from them

Snah85

For those with a package from SkyFi, how has it been?

I'm quite interested in their 40Mbps package, but I'd like some feedback from the community first.

Last edited:

Snah85

How long does it take them to respond to an online form been waiting two weeks for a response from them
I managed to get a reply within 24h, which is impressive.

Perhaps try submitting the form again?

gino750

Anyone uses SkyFi in Wilgeheuwel, roodepoort area? really need to know if there is a strong SIGNAL COVERAGE? I Had 10meg neotel but signal sooo bad only running at 0.5meg....!:mad:

vinnyza

I use skyfi in honeydew manor. I have been battling for 2 months on their 10Mb package. I have speed tests from every day and am averaging 1Mb - 2Mb. Occasionally i get full line speed, but i think i can count 2 days that happened. Begging and pleading, and, even though their support sounds very helpful, still nothing is resolved. Now they said they will put me on 4Mb, but i feel this still will not sort out my line issues of averaging 1Mb. I will say though that it seems that their support has improved. They are sending a techie out today to see what is the issue. It is so bad i cannot even use the interwebs. I have been unable to use any streaming service so basically yeah, 2 months of paying for streaming service and internet that i cannot use. To me it seems a bandwidth issue, because one day i got home early and got better speeds, not 10Mb, but around 6-8, this was around 3-4pm. Tested again after 17:30, boom, down to 1Mb again.

Ricard

Expert Member
What equipment does SkyFi use for the CPE ? .... I want to join in and I already have a ton of Ubiquiti and Mikrotik 5.8 and 2.4Ghz toys that I would like to dust off

Any hints?

Ricard