Skyfi WISP

I think I barely posted the above and here I am using my RAIN because my Skyfi is messing about again....
Since I logged the call for this, I have not received any feedback whatsoever. The techie said he would phone me back when the issue has been sorted out. Well, I guess three days are not enough to sort the issue out, because I am still getting disconnects and service interruption and as a bonus I have not received any feedback to say they are working on it, or they will get to it, or any other feedback. I guess I will have to put a stop order on my debit order for tonight. I still have today to switch my RAIN to a higher package.

EDIT: Stop order has been put on your debit order.

Good bye and good riddance.

Last edited:
Sigh...i made a manual payment on 29th to cover my outstanding after nothing came off on debit order for the 28th, now i see that they took a debit order on the 29th too, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

If you want a stable and reliable connection, stay far away from Skyfi.
Some days are without incident and I get 10mbs without any packet loss across all routes.
But slow response and packet loss are more and more frequent, and the support is pathetic.
I've had more issues with them in a week than I've had in 15+ years of internet usage.
Working remotely and being on call has been a disaster!

I've used Skyfi for the last 3 months, been a couple of small niggles here and there that were resolved immediately though. My 10mb line runs on average of 15mb/s, gaming and streaming from multiple access points is a breeze:)

I've used Skyfi for the last 3 months, been a couple of small niggles here and there that were resolved immediately though. My 10mb line runs on average of 15mb/s, gaming and streaming from multiple access points is a breeze:)
In my testing, the 15Mbps is only on speedtests - Most ISP's do this - allow speed tests to run un-throttled / prioritized.

I tried:
  • speedtest.net
  • speedtest.mybroadband.co.za
  • openspeedtest.com
  • sourceforge.net/speedtest
  • and a few others
Most ISP's (and SkyFi it seems) give more optimistic speedtest results than real world usage.

Using parallel download (even from cdn), or multiple different downloads, or multiple devices download, it maxes out to the contracted speed.
I'm not complaining, as I'm getting what's contracted.

Was on "up to" ADSL, where I paid for 8Mbps, but only synced at 5Mbps.
ThumpsUp to SkyFi for delivering what's contracted.

Just experiencing a high site outage at the moment :-(
2 outages in 5 days of usage.
Hope they can fix the high site permanently.

EDIT: 28 Jan: High site has been fixed (was down Sat 27th +/-9pm to Sun 28th +/-9:30am)
EDIT: 7 Feb: All good - no outages, 100% uptime, excellent speed (getting what I pay for)
EDIT: 14 Feb: All good - no outages, 100% uptime, excellent speed (getting what I pay for)

Last edited: