So I went to Capitec

jun_tao

Thanks, I just did this and they asked dates and destinations. Finally I feel confident that my card will work overseas. Emailing the forex department was useless - they just sent me a copy paste response, and the branch just told me it'll work
Thanks for the update, I'm also gonna be using them when I go overseas in Aug/Sep.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Wonder when the new look cards will launch? Asked them last week at the branch but they didn't know.

Swa

Honorary Master
It will launch by Dec 2022 when I have to get a new one.

FlashSA

Executive Member
I only EFT from my Capitec account. JUst checked my card and expired in March.

What is the TL;DR process for a new card?

t_girl

I only EFT from my Capitec account. JUst checked my card and expired in March.

What is the TL;DR process for a new card?
If you don't need your card right away, wait a couple of months (hopefully) for the new design tap and go cards.

FlashSA

Executive Member
If you don't need your card right away, wait a couple of months (hopefully) for the new design tap and go cards.
Thanks, will do just this. Have never ever swiped my Capitec card or withdrawn from an ATM so not in a rush.

FlashSA

Executive Member
So Capitec want to debit my account R65 for a new card! I said to them, my card has expired. Didn't matter, they insisted one must pay for a replacement card even if the reason is expiry.

Their Twitter SM team confirmed same with this bullsh$t:
"There is a fee of R65 for this. Our card replacement fee is made up of the cost of the card, insurance, storage & distribution costs. We do not make a profit on this and try and keep this fee as low as possible for our clients."

They can Sex and Travel - I will NOT pay for a new card. I never swipe but want a card in my wallet just in case, but now I'll rather just swipe my VMCC as I currently do.

Amazing how Virgin Money can courier a new card to you and not earn any monthly card fee's but these clowns want to charge me. Tsek!

FlashSA

Executive Member
My Credit Card replacement was free at the beginning of this year.
Yeah, their excuse is BS. As we all know, they print the card inside the branch while you wait. The cost to company per card is a few Rand. I would have no complaint if I had lost the card or reported it stolen, but they created the card with an expiry date, so in my books it's very simple: They either replace the card for free or they don't earn any point of sale commission from my swipes (not that I swipe but that's not really the point here).

Swa

Honorary Master
You pay for replacement cards whether they expired or not. Who doesn't charge for a new card?

rodga

Executive Member
You pay for replacement cards whether they expired or not. Who doesn't charge for a new card?
fnb couriered new card free of charge to my home, card was faulty at toll gates only
virgin card chip stopped working sent card to closest branch also for free

Swa

Honorary Master
fnb couriered new card free of charge to my home, card was faulty at toll gates only
virgin card chip stopped working sent card to closest branch also for free
Bank card?

FlashSA

Executive Member
As mentioned, Virgin Money expired card replacement is free including courier.

My FNB easy account (R4.95 per month) gives me a free replacement debit card when the current expires.

Capitec are the odd one out here.