So I went to Capitec

JC Heat

capitec is an amazing bank i know alot of people family and friends that use capitec bank

spiff

Expert Member
Ok so it appears that my phone won't send an sms? Yet I receive sms's from capitec.

Capitec tried everything but no joy.

I do have have sms service and R100 worth of sms available.

Anyone know what the problem could be on a Huawei P7?

airborne

Executive Member
Ok so it appears that my phone won't send an sms? Yet I receive sms's from capitec.

Capitec tried everything but no joy.

I do have have sms service and R100 worth of sms available.

Anyone know what the problem could be on a Huawei P7?
Is that trying to send the activation sms?
The activation sms is some special premium rated sms and you need airtime loaded to send it, you can't use sms bundles, I've had that issue before.

spiff

Expert Member
Is that trying to send the activation sms?
The activation sms is some special premium rated sms and you need airtime loaded to send it, you can't use sms bundles, I've had that issue before.
Yes activation code.

So I must load air time?

Is there any other settings to change?

spiff

Expert Member
Yes you must have airtime loaded and probably best to have the stock messaging app set as the default sms app.
ok so I did all that - stock sms app / full permissions etc. / air time etc. still no joy.

C4Cat

Executive Member
I tried to send a sms to my work colleague now and it won't send, yet I get sms from mtn & capitec all the time.
You need to get in touch with your network then, something is not setup properly if you can't send sms messages to anyone. Check you SMSC is correct

Last edited:

spiff

Expert Member
Ok so I checked my sms access number and it was wrong.
Typed in correct number and all is sorted now.

Capitec app working fine now.

Thanks all for the help.

Antelope

I've made online international purchases using my card, without being required to approve the purchase.
Previously I needed to approve the purchase from this same retailer

Swa

Honorary Master
I've made online international purchases using my card, without being required to approve the purchase.
Previously I needed to approve the purchase from this same retailer
It's voluntary. SARB now requires it but international payment providers can opt not to implement it but they carry the risk of charge backs.

Antelope

It's voluntary. SARB now requires it but international payment providers can opt not to implement it but they carry the risk of charge backs.
I used a capitec card to make the purchase

So will that mean that it's possible for an online retailer to bypass capitecs security measures?

Swa

Honorary Master
I used a capitec card to make the purchase

So will that mean that it's possible for an online retailer to bypass capitecs security measures?
International ones yes. Paypal also skips it.

LOTR

Have some surplus funds to put away for around 3-4 months. So I went to Capitec to try them out. They were offline and could not assist me. Went next door to African Bank, sorted in 10 mins. Sorry Capitec, maybe next time.

Quicks

Every time I walk past one of the Capitec ATM's I am happy I am not with them. no way I am standing in one of those queues.