Springboks vs England 2012 - 3 Test tour

BobsLawnService

Expert Member
They gave us a bit of a snotklap in the second half. There is some serious work that needs to be done this week.

Awesome first half though.

Wall

Sports Addict
I'm reading on some international websites that Alberts' first try shouldn't have been allowed.

Anyone able to explain why?

Forwards never touch the ball and should have been a reset Scrum apparently

MickeyD

RIP
I'm reading on some international websites that Alberts' first try shouldn't have been allowed.

Anyone able to explain why?
True. The ball came out of the tunnel.

If the England flank had stepped over it, then it would be OK, but it passed in front of his foot meaning it came out of the tunnel.

Wall

Sports Addict
When the ball is fed into a Scrum, a forwards feet needs to touch the ball before coming out of the Scrum, if it doesn't touch their feet, it's a reset Scrum.

The sky pundits were saying it never touch forwards feet and hence should be a reset Scrum

Ekstasis

Honorary Master
Glad for Meyer after 2 wins and taking the series. However, there was something missing from this game and I think it has to do with vision in the running game. We go LEFT when the defense is CLEARLY OVERPOPULATED on the LEFT. We go RIGHT when the defense is CLEARLY OVERPOPULATED on the RIGHT :confused:

The English defense was good but it was made look great because we ran INTO tackles :wtf:.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Glad for Meyer after 2 wins and taking the series. However, there was something missing from this game and I think it has to do with vision in the running game. We go LEFT when the defense is CLEARLY OVERPOPULATED on the LEFT. We go RIGHT when the defense is CLEARLY OVERPOPULATED on the RIGHT :confused:

The English defense was good but it was made look great because we ran INTO tackles :wtf:.

The result of having skaapie Morne in there ;)

FoXtroT

Expert Member
When the ball is fed into a Scrum, a forwards feet needs to touch the ball before coming out of the Scrum, if it doesn't touch their feet, it's a reset Scrum.

The sky pundits were saying it never touch forwards feet and hence should be a reset Scrum

I'm sure I saw it touch the flanks or props feet?

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
The General! :erm: Who would you prefer in his pos.?

The General my poephol, he's been off form for a while now. Peter Grant or Lambie for 10, JDJ to replace that moegoe Meisiekind and a 15 replacement in Aplon or whoever.

sand_man

Honorary Master
That proves that it went through the tunnel as it did not pass under any players' feet. It passed in front of the flanker's foot.

But I'll take the try, thank you!

Doesn't he just have to touch it with his boot?