Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens

The only thing that matters is that there will be no Jar Jar Binks.
That alone will make this better than the I,II,III trilogy.

Amen to that.

Started watching Episode 1 a month back, didnt even get past the first hour, damn irritating character.
 
So this guy J J what is he ? A filmmaker or Director ? His directorial debut was MI3 and star trek all of which were not his ideas. Is he only interested in directing films that will perform well at the box office ?

Quit trolling. JJ Abrams has created plenty of original material in TV and film - Lost, Alias, Cloverfield, Felicity, Fringe, Super 8, as well as some high quality franchise work. He's been around for a long time and has a stellar reputation. He's never made anything on the scale of Star Wars though so he's unproven as a blockbuster director. Personally I loved the first Star Trek and Cloverfield and Super 8 were fun, and I watched every episode of Lost and Fringe even though they both had a tendency to go off the rails at times.

All i am saying people like Christopher Nolan and James Cameron create their own characters and stories from nothing and people flock to see their movies.

You're not really saying anything.
 
Last edited:
Haven't watched the Star Movies in years and years... So started to rewatch them in lieu of the 16th

So far:
IV - A New Hope -> mostly meh
V - Empire Strikes Back -> fantastic! :love:
VI - Return of the Jedi -> Only slightly less fantastic than Empire Strikes Back, but still Awesome!

Updated with VI

Making my 15yo daughter watch Star Wars in prep for the 16th, she's never watched it before. Today I laughed my arse off, as she was absolutely devastated when she found out D.Vader dies at the end of VI :D
 
[video=youtube_share;uHphoHLeiK4]http://youtu.be/uHphoHLeiK4[/video]
 
So this guy J J what is he ? A filmmaker or Director ? His directorial debut was MI3 and star trek all of which were not his ideas. Is he only interested in directing films that will perform well at the box office ? All i am saying people like Christopher Nolan and James Cameron create their own characters and stories from nothing and people flock to see their movies.

Let us not carried away here, not all of their films have been ''their's'' either. Cameron didn't conceive the Xenomorph nor did he put the story of Titanic together (He just dumped a love story in to a real tragedy). If you want to be a real bugger, you can say Cameron took the Native American narrative and dumped it on another planet (Avatar) not to mention the striking similarities between The Abyss and H.G. Wells' In the Abyss. Nolan did not conceive Batman nor Superman.

All of these guys have used the stories of others or conceived their own and they are all good at what they do.
 
Regardless of whether the movie is terrible or fantastic the movie will break records.Its got the Disney marketing machine behind it and a huge core following . I'm looking forward to it,just worried it's going to be heavily catered to a younger audience. I also hope there is not too much fan service from JJ,a bit but not too much.

JJ is a decent director,not as good as his reputation but he'll do just fine.
 
I just realised something:
I booked these tickets 2 months ago... and I'm in the process of upgrading my cards!
Normally when you arrive at the cinema to pick up your tickets, you have to swipe the card you used to buy the tickets with!

I guess I can use the reference number at the counter, just won't be able to use the self service kiosk.
Right?
 
I just realised something:
I booked these tickets 2 months ago... and I'm in the process of upgrading my cards!
Normally when you arrive at the cinema to pick up your tickets, you have to swipe the card you used to buy the tickets with!

I guess I can use the reference number at the counter, just won't be able to use the self service kiosk.
Right?

Correct. Did you not get a print out with a 3D bar code when you booked?
You just scan that 3D bar code.
 
Let us not carried away here, not all of their films have been ''their's'' either. Cameron didn't conceive the Xenomorph nor did he put the story of Titanic together (He just dumped a love story in to a real tragedy). If you want to be a real bugger, you can say Cameron took the Native American narrative and dumped it on another planet (Avatar) not to mention the striking similarities between The Abyss and H.G. Wells' In the Abyss. Nolan did not conceive Batman nor Superman.

All of these guys have used the stories of others or conceived their own and they are all good at what they do.

Ok , maybe he is good director but i think most first assistant directors in 2012 could have directed this latest star war film. These days its just CGI or else how would you explain Joseph Kosinski being given US$170m to make Tron Legacy for his directorial debut. My point is there is nothing special about this upcoming movie because its just cgi.
 
Ok , maybe he is good director but i think most first assistant directors in 2012 could have directed this latest star war film. These days its just CGI or else how would you explain Joseph Kosinski being given US$170m to make Tron Legacy for his directorial debut. My point is there is nothing special about this upcoming movie because its just cgi.

BFHeroesObviousTroll.jpg
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X