Stop eating meat because..............

timgaul

Honorary Master
No matter how you look at it, or argue, MEAT IS UNHEALTHY TO EAT!
No, meat is not unhealthy to eat. If you want a more effective campaign maybe you should provide some reasoning behind your outbursts!

The fact that my vegetarian friends are more likely to fall ill is proof.

DJ...

Banned
Yes, this is absolute blasphemy! I am appalled at such a statement and it hurts me deeply. Meat is not unhealthy and I have therefore reported JewelBox's post for destruction...:mad: This should not be tolerated on such a well respected forum and rpm should not have his name strewn in the mud by more hippie-vegan militants!!!

I am sick to my stomach. I need a steak!!!

Hot_Chocolate

Expert Member
Dude, Polony is made of scraps, everyone knows that :p

Wors

The cut offs run down the belt saw and accumelates at the bottom. This together with all the other left overs at the end of the day is all minced together with some beef.

This includes but are not limmited to

Livers, heart, bladder, Belt saw "dust", senuws, tendents and what else thay have lying around at the end of the day. (Note butchers ONLY make their wors before the shop closes for the day, now you know why.)

They Mince all if it together about 4 or 5 times and mix it up really nicely. Spice it up ALOT then chuck it into the "Wors" maker thingy. With all of this happening you have Mr Butcher sweating like a pig all over the meat as he puts the meat through the mincer and Wors machine thingy. Again never washed his hands but that should be the least fo your worries ;)
sorry, but I have to disagree on this. Last week my theme was occupation. And we had an outing to Uitkyk butchery. THe kiddies got to see how a lot of things were made. The lady told me I was free to roam in the butchery and show the kiddies whatever they were interested in.

I got to show them how wors was made. The first lot of mince for the wors was of very good quality, basically just beef, and a bit of fat. No bones or any some such. But the next batch was :sick: It consisted basically of fat and almost as an afterthought some meat...

It was also not made at the end of the day, but in the morning. So, the point I am trying to make is : you get wors and you get wors....

Hot_Chocolate

Expert Member
and I have to agree with some of the other posters....meat is not unhealthy, as long as you consume it in moderation. Much like everything else....

Besides, just stopping to eat meat is just as bad. Because then you lose out on a lot of other important nutrients. It is not as easy as stop eating meat. You have to know what, and how much, of other healthier ingredients you have to substitute it with...

Alan

Honorary Master
Hmm I suddenly got the urge for a Wimpy mixed grill. Bacon, patty, steak, wors, egg and chips yum

Pitbull

Verboten
sorry, but I have to disagree on this. Last week my theme was occupation. And we had an outing to Uitkyk butchery. THe kiddies got to see how a lot of things were made. The lady told me I was free to roam in the butchery and show the kiddies whatever they were interested in.

I got to show them how wors was made. The first lot of mince for the wors was of very good quality, basically just beef, and a bit of fat. No bones or any some such. But the next batch was :sick: It consisted basically of fat and almost as an afterthought some meat...

It was also not made at the end of the day, but in the morning. So, the point I am trying to make is : you get wors and you get wors....
True.

I know Uitkyk is an awesome butchery. Best way to get the best wors in the world is to make your own. very easy to buy the ingredients and if you have a Worse maker. You buy these artificial intestine as the skin an put your own meat and what not in it ;)

Natas

Expert Member
I'll stop eating meat when meat stops being delicious!!

I found this awesome butchery in the Benmore shopping centre last weekend. Its right there, not hard to find, and I am sure some of you have been in there, but I havent been in there before. They have a great selection off meat. They even have duck, quail, all kinds of venison, rabbit and loads of other tasty animals!! Check it out!

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
No matter how you look at it, or argue, MEAT IS UNHEALTHY TO EAT!
What ?! Dammit - that means oxygen is also unhealthy along with all the other things I thought I could not live without....

Seriously, how can meat be unhealthy ?

Do you realize how many innocent insects and small animals are killed FOR NOTHING in the harvesting process of all these "grown" crap you eat ? We are talking seriously cute little critters getting sprayed with all sorts of crap so that their skins burn away and they die - for no reason.

Grain harvesters kill anything from gentle bugs to sometimes small bokkies and foxes! And they are not eaten or serve a greater purpose, they are just killed and left to die so that dumb people can eat non-meat stuff. What a waste of animal life !

Instead I find it much more acceptable to eat an animal that was bred and raised for that sole cause of being eaten. An animal that is not killed in chemical warfare but in a controlled an socially acceptable manner.

Besides, volcanoes are responsible for 80% of earths green house gasses. Even if we stop all out carbon emissions we still have those pesky volcanoes pumping out the most of it. Wanna close them up you say ? Sure, why not - then the earth will explode and we will all die.

Just get right with me. Firstly, it is a well known fact that I know everything and what I say is the law. So eat meat and stop worrying about global warming because it is not our problem !

Devill

Damned
Realistically? Not a chance.
+1 :D

Also Sly forgets that veggies are harvested mostly be machines and those have a high CO2 contribution :) where as cattle and sheep are not "patrolled" by tractor:p

Also Veggies need to get to the market just like the "meat" and we also clear forests to make room for fields we can plant veggies in :)

Should we stop eating all together?!:rolleyes::p:D