Stop eating meat because..............

Sly21C

Expert Member
+1 :D

Also Sly forgets that veggies are harvested mostly be machines and those have a high CO2 contribution :) where as cattle and sheep are not "patrolled" by tractor:p

Also Veggies need to get to the market just like the "meat" and we also clear forests to make room for fields we can plant veggies in :)

Should we stop eating all together?!:rolleyes::p:D
I can go as far as to say that everything human beings do is destructive to the environment one way or the other, but some things are more destructive than others. Eating vegetable is also destructive in some way to the environment just as eating meat is. Facts and evidence shows that eating meat is more destructive to the environment than eating vegies, that's my point.

P.S. In case you are interested, read the following from these links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_effects_of_meat_production

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_vegetarianism

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I think this thread is proof enough that vegetarians should eat more meat. Its fill with lies, badly thought out propaganda and loads of misconceptions. It also comes with a fat dose of sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Eat what you wanna eat, but dont pretend your sheet is healthier than ours because its not. Thats a bald faced lie. Inch for inch meat is the best source of nutrition a human can get. No longer eating meat would most likely set back human brain development and lead to more stupid people with no clue about the real world. Every argument against eating meat could be more easily applied to plant matter. Our poor oxygen producers are being eaten by methane farting idiots :(

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
I think this thread is proof enough that vegetarians should eat more meat. Its fill with lies, badly thought out propaganda and loads of misconceptions. It also comes with a fat dose of sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Eat what you wanna eat, but dont pretend your sheet is healthier than ours because its not. Thats a bald faced lie. Inch for inch meat is the best source of nutrition a human can get. No longer eating meat would most likely set back human brain development and lead to more stupid people with no clue about the real world. Every argument against eating meat could be more easily applied to plant matter. Our poor oxygen producers are being eaten by methane farting idiots :(
:D :D

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
/queue Homer Simpson drooling mouth....

Hmmmmmmm, meat, pork chops, lamb chops, boerewors, ribs, steaks, bacon :p

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Can you imagine what would happen to all the poor animals if someone like Sly got into power and banned meat? Almost the entire worlds population of domesticated food animals would have to be executed.

Farmers would not be able to provide food for the animals if the animals no longer have value. The animals would have to be executed. Were talking hundreds of millions of animals here.

We cant just keep all the animals and dance in circles around them chanting about how cool we think they are. Since humans would no longer be allowed to eat meat .. we need to grow more plants. All the space taken up by domesticated animals would have to be terra formed into something that our crop can use. Talk about destroying habitats.

I dont know about other farmers here, but on our family farms the herds we have graze the lands. We dont go plough up the land and destroy habitats for countless creatures. The herd animals share the land with us and thousands of other species of animals on our farms.

Now what Sly wants me to do is kill all the animals. Rip up the land and plant non-indigenous plants in that torn land.. and then kill the last remaining animals there with pesticides.

This makes sense how?

timgaul

Honorary Master
Reminds me: I need to go get some nice lamb for a potjie this weekend.

BCO

Honorary Master
I've reduced my meat intake drastically lately. Have been very surprised that I've actually been enjoying meal times (both cooking and eating) more since I've been making vegetarian dishes. I was very surprised that I haven't struggled to keep off meat.

That being said, I do still occasionally eat meat, but only about once every 2 weeks or so.

alisiaoh

Do bugs count as animals too? because it looks like this is all thats left imo..... and their everywhere.... :D:D

DJ...

Banned
I've reduced my meat intake drastically lately. Have been very surprised that I've actually been enjoying meal times (both cooking and eating) more since I've been making vegetarian dishes. I was very surprised that I haven't struggled to keep off meat.

That being said, I do still occasionally eat meat, but only about once every 2 weeks or so.
Hippie...:rolleyes: