Super Rugby 2017

As expected, crushed.

The only way to save the Sunwolves are do away with Filo Tiatia. Mark Hammett would have produced better results, given any continuity in coaching. They change game plan and combinations in an out, which is likely on Jamie Joseph’s order, but it is causing amok. I see they are already calling on Kiwi players to suite the Highlanders gameplay, all the way back to the John Kirwan days they are going.

The Japanese has always been best at attacking open spaces, but no, they need to draw in and kick a territorial game under the current plan.

Just hire Robbie Deans and Keisuke Sawaki.

I agree with many; the Kings deserve their position in Super Rugby. Money, money, money… The JRFU approach at rugby culture is dire at best. Suntory Sungoliath will whip the Sunwolves.

Well done Lions!
 
.
8ae93c89969da9b6622235375790f344.jpg
 
Usually love seeing opposition sides get a good hammering but tonight seeing the dejected looks on the faces of the Sunwolves, knowing what a proud people the Japanese are, I can't help but feel a little sad for them.
 
Usually love seeing opposition sides get a good hammering but tonight seeing the dejected looks on the faces of the Sunwolves, knowing what a proud people the Japanese are, I can't help but feel a little sad for them.

I thought I saw a few eyes watering badly there... I know mine were :cry: like you say, against any other team it would have been fine.
 
Usually love seeing opposition sides get a good hammering but tonight seeing the dejected looks on the faces of the Sunwolves, knowing what a proud people the Japanese are, I can't help but feel a little sad for them.

There is no hope under the JRFU. There is very little incentive to play in the JRFU which caters to the national team and the Sunwolves. This year the JRFU got the clubs to upkeep the players, minimally. Put this Sunwolves team against any top 5 Top League team and see who will win.

The government is also partly to be blamed. Where is Knyro, he will understand the 'old boys' dilemma.

Kosei Ono is the best #10 in Japanese rugby, you will not see him close to the JRFU.
 
The whole team came to the middle line. Lined up. And did a bow.

Crowd cheered them. It was awesome.
Cool. Nice to hear that. They are the most spirited team in the compo. Travel home safety :)
 
And what's with this new thing calling the Argies "wa-gar-rez". That's their name in Spanish pronunciation. In English is Jaguars. We don't talk about the サンウルブズ.
 
Made an absolute bucket off that Lions match. Books were horribly mispriced. Had lions as 34 point favourites with points line at 70 :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X