System Development NQF Level 5 to a degree/diploma

fringe

Apologises if this is in the wrong thread, I need some advice.

If I'm not mistaken the System Development NQF Level 5 qualification is awarded after the completion of most software develpoment learnerships. My current plan is to complete this and associate java certification.

Does anyone know if the credits from this can be transferred towards a degree or diploma in software development/ IT (i.e. will most universities allow this for RPL)?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Depends, usually needs 50% of similar coursework.

And if you're using it as credit for diploma, you need to apply to have previous work recognized and it will be a max of 50% credits, no matter if everything but one subject is the same.

You can see if you can use it to get into Btech software, then try and catch up meanwhile, and end up with a higher degree in a year or two rather than 3-6 years.

fringe

Depends, usually needs 50% of similar coursework.

And if you're using it as credit for diploma, you need to apply to have previous work recognized and it will be a max of 50% credits, no matter if everything but one subject is the same.

You can see if you can use it to get into Btech software, then try and catch up meanwhile, and end up with a higher degree in a year or two rather than 3-6 years.
Thank you. I figured it would be something along those lines but couldn't find it on the UNISA website.