Technify.co.za - biggest scam

Modsquad

Hi Guys - so here goes, i bought smart broadlink light switches off Technify.co.za - that was the easy part! I contacted Jonathan Darker immediately and he assured me that he has ordered it from over seas. long story short, this website is a big fat joke, i have about 3 weeks of promises and excuses on whatsapp and sent two email follow ups with no replies.

I am now going to the police station and filing a case of fraud against mr Darker, due to continual misleading information, no tracking numbers , non delivery when promised delivery dates arise.

If anyone else has bought off Technify and would like to take group action, please let me know and DM me and we can chat

Modsquad

So , my stuff apparently arrived last week and was sent via courier to my address, guess what never arrived! never gives out the tracking numbers and never seems to know what is happening. always excuses. demanded a refund now and taking it further

bixt

Its just another drop shipping outfit with no actual goods handled by them and neither is customs etc

"R26 import duties" means the items are being sent via SAPO, so good luck with that too.

I would just buy direct from Aliexpress etc

Modsquad

i got a picture of "my" box at his place...but still no tracking numbers no nothing, apparently he uses aramex

Welcome Mtshali

Hi guys, Im on the same exact boat as Modsquad, I'm going through the exact same thing with this *******. I"d like to join you with the group action.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Their prices are ridiculously cheap. Far cheaper than Gearbest or AliExpress. Screams scam

ZAGadgetReviews

Those prices seems to be next to cost which no retailer would ever offer in SA. Seems to be a scam. First sign is no Contact Us page. Second is their cellphone number as a contact number (This I don't have an issue with as I currently have my cellphone on my website but I would advise calling and seeing what they say. Do they import other items? Can you meet them to chat, view, etc). The other main issue is that they don't have a location.

I would open up a case and hope you come right. If you paid on their site, have a chat to your bank to find out who processed the transaction and advise them that it seems to be a scam. They might be able to assist in trying to get your money back.

Modsquad

so i made sure i paid on payfast, i got my money back after i wrote mr Darker a strong worded email. I have also contacted a few people that look into online scams and have been to SAPS as well. This is to prevent this happening to anyone else in the future.

DigitalDesert

Hi Guys - so here goes, i bought smart broadlink light switches off Technify.co.za - that was the easy part! I contacted Jonathan Darker immediately and he assured me that he has ordered it from over seas. long story short, this website is a big fat joke, i have about 3 weeks of promises and excuses on whatsapp and sent two email follow ups with no replies.

I am now going to the police station and filing a case of fraud against mr Darker, due to continual misleading information, no tracking numbers , non delivery when promised delivery dates arise.

If anyone else has bought off Technify and would like to take group action, please let me know and DM me and we can chat
I am in the same boat just like all of you here. I also have just wrote him a strong worded message on his whatsapp number - lets see if he refunds my money, if nothing happens. lets just say all digital footprints are traceable.

bernoK

I am in the same boat just like all of you here. I also have just wrote him a strong worded message on his whatsapp number - lets see if he refunds my money, if nothing happens. lets just say all digital footprints are traceable.
Hello

I am in the same situation. Can someone please help me take up this situation or offer me some advice. My order number is 1499 and request that I be refunded immediately.

neoprema

Expert Member
i got a picture of "my" box at his place...but still no tracking numbers no nothing, apparently he uses aramex
Don't know about that site but my experience with Aramex is that they couldn't deliver a package on time if their life depended on it.
an Express package took 10 day from China and 15 days sitting in ZA to clear customs! lol
I literally shipped 4 DHL packages after Aramex and got them long before Aramex with customs and payments.
I avoid Aramex them like the plague. The "budget" in their courier stands for "we have no clue how to ship anything or process it locally".

IndigoIdentity

Can someone please help me take up this situation or offer me some advice.
Would personally try to call the seller to explain my stance on the matter. Failing any contact, send an email to the registered address. Fail that then yeah you can go to SAPS and open a case.

If they can't prove that the item was ever sent to you but insist that it was then it sounds like "theft under false pretenses".

That said, SA courier companies are shockingly bad at collections and deliveries so would try my level best to talk it out with any seller before going that route.

ThunderMerwe09

Hi All,

I am currently in progress with mediation against Jonathan Darker with the assistance of the SA consumer Complaints Council. He's payfast acount was also closed due to numerous complaints and non-response with customers.

If anyone is willing to group up with opening a collective SAPS case and to provide further information for the SA consumer complaints council let me know