Telkom integrated data wallet launched

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
for every 1 byte of mobile data used, 1 byte will be deducted from your wallet,” said Telkom.
Sounds too good to be true. Amazing if it is.

taajir

Surely a game changer ....but looks like telkom really got something on the other 3 networks if true....sounds too good

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
This sounds, on the surface of it, to be a really innovative product for the SA market....

Will catch a lot of other providers sleeping if it works as simply as explained so far.

Segg

Expert Member
So mobile data for the price of fixed data, what catch am I missing?

tsume

The Pervy Sage
This will be really good, I might even port my number to Telkom.

tsume

The Pervy Sage
])ragon_\/oid;15984434 said:
Uncapped users are excluded?
Seems so, but it makes sense unless they come up with a mobile softcap for uncapped users.

werfie

Expert Member
Hmmm... so 1mbps ADSL Line, with 50gb softcap... that I can use on my LTE Telkom Mobile sim card at x times faster than the line...?

krycor

Honorary Master
Not sure about the ratio but i like this idea of paying for the service and then the medium of delivery not mattering as much. Of course is this only possible due to convergence and the leveraging being mobile provider and isp so have to wonder about competition.. suspect the cost of the diluted/mixed data will be higher than plain fixed data

PS. I wonder if Afrihost etc would become a vmno or reseller/serivce provider so that they can so something like that? Also wonder if virtual fixed line operators are coming anytime soon alone with llu

saliehendricks

I cannot believe that they will allow me to use ADSL priced data on my LTE package. If this is true, i will switch to telkom internet immediately.

Lionsheart

Details are still very vague. Still have to see what the T&C's are. Sounds great though.

mister

Executive Member
for every 1 byte of mobile data used, 1 byte will be deducted from your wallet,” said Telkom.
Maybe they meant to say 10 bytes will be deducted from your wallet?

RichardG

Honorary Master
Would love to signup for this deal immediately if it's true what they say. There is probably a catch. Example if your adsl/telephone line is out of service