Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Darn, international connection seems to be screwed - cannot reliably connect to overseas gaming servers, and DC regularly ...

Louis72

Anyone else with terrible speeds on Telkom in the last week especially overseas services? :mad:

nelis

Expert Member
Darn, international connection seems to be screwed - cannot reliably connect to overseas gaming servers, and DC regularly ...
Same here. Been happening all week. Having to use a different ISP now whenever it happens. I'm on 20mb fibre Openserve and still having disconnections, high latency and packet loss to Gaming servers outside South Africa. Whenever I use another ISP it works just fine. I also get sometimes where my Router (ASUS AC88u) will completely disconnect us from the internet having to reboot the router.

nelis

Expert Member
Yeah it seems so , been gaming every evening and face zero issues with pocket loss in local and international servers.

What game is it if you mind sharing?
I play APEX Legends. I've tried another isp and everything seems to work just fine but when I use my Telkom acount it doesn't.

Ngcobopr

I recieved a message below on my invoice from Telkom, however if i phone the consultant says they wont be able to migrate my line because '' She throws in a jargon i dont understand" if i request that she simplify the reason was told it is the technicians term i shouldnt worry about but i wont be migrated. funny enough i had an LTE before the ADSL
MR. Curtis,
In our continuing efforts to offer you the best communications experience, we're replacing the existing copper cable infrastructure in your area with wireless technology. This is being done to overcome issues like cable theft and faults and will offer greater reliability, faster internet speeds and a consistently better-quality service.
Your telephone number doesn't change.
You will pay more or less the same as you previously did, but you'll experience a better-quality service and get much better value.
Offers include a new device/router. The device and SIM will be delivered to your preferred address at no cost.
No cables, no wires. Simply plug in and use.

adielk

Expert Member
Pretoria East fibre off. But LTE fine.

Edit: Seems all good now ...

Last edited:

Louis72

Telkom Internet been slow for me since 29th. Netflix even buffers on 20mbps line :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

peter460332

on a 20mb fibre line and cannot even stream audio without continial breaks , been doing sp for around a week now . Is there a problem with backbone ? Speedtest Ok , just random breaks in service for 5 -15 seconds

Wolfy

first time me posting in AGES. To start telkom sucks dick, I requested early December of 2019 for a 40MB upgrade when they had that "special" informing me that a technician will call me when the line has been upgraded or walk me through it when he calls in "two days", which the **** never did. Fastforward to today,all these cunts did was my upgrade the package but never upgrade my ****ing line. Meaning me, the **** have been paying for a 40MB package price but still receiving a 20MB speed for **** knows how long

**** this **** of a company.

dotcat

Phone line went dead. Logged fault with Telkom last night. Tech at gate today. Microfiters shorting. Replaced along with some of the jacks and working perfectly now. Well done Mbuyiseni! You should keep your job!

Genisys

Executive Member
Phone line went dead. Logged fault with Telkom last night. Tech at gate today. Microfiters shorting. Replaced along with some of the jacks and working perfectly now. Well done Mbuyiseni! You should keep your job!
Oh, look at that, you got lucky. Next time a filter replacement might not be the solution.

streaker

first time me posting in AGES. To start telkom sucks dick, I requested early December of 2019 for a 40MB upgrade when they had that "special" informing me that a technician will call me when the line has been upgraded or walk me through it when he calls in "two days", which the **** never did. Fastforward to today,all these cunts did was my upgrade the package but never upgrade my ****ing line. Meaning me, the **** have been paying for a 40MB package price but still receiving a 20MB speed for **** knows how long

Must say that I would not assist you either with that foul mouth

NorthPole

Ask for a refund?

Also I am sure that there is a network freeze in December by Telkom… No line upgrades are done, I may be wrong. But howcome you did not check your line stats to confirm the upgrade.

Further you probably only paid pro-rata for 40mbps account since the date you requested to move...