Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

Sayrian

Anyone else having problems with Telkom and being unable to access specific websites? I can't access sites like Twitch, SoundCloud, Reddit and Spotify (It works, but the album art on songs refuses to load over my network). A DNS Switch to something like 1.1.1.1 fixes reddit, but the rest are still broken.

OtakuD

Anyone else having problems with Telkom and being unable to access specific websites? I can't access sites like Twitch, SoundCloud, Reddit and Spotify (It works, but the album art on songs refuses to load over my network). A DNS Switch to something like 1.1.1.1 fixes reddit, but the rest are still broken.
Exactly this! Been arguing with Telkom for over a week now that there is a problem with their DNS but they deny everything and keep marking the case as "resolved". Opened my last case now, if it's not fixed I will give notice.

wona12

Okay for those to lazy to find original thread... Telkom Internet connections have gone pear shaped since beginning of January with some users report pings of over 600 to EU servers. Telkom have identified the problem, but for some reason do not as yet want to fix it. Sigh, so if you are still a Telkom ISP customer hold on, they are going to fix it SOON :wtf:
For the more sane people out their move on, cancel as fast as you can.
And yes I have cancelled but I am stuck being their customer till the end of the Month as per their cancellation policy.

Devo1

Do anyone know how to convince Telkom to sort out disconnects on my ADSL line?

My internet dies for about 2 minutes exactly every 8 to 9 hours. Had 3 technicians over already. They say my line is in perfect shape and they cant see anything wrong and cannot fix something that isnt broken.

They said I must change all my equipment and cables. I bought 4 different brand new routers already and it is still the same.

It all started in April. My line died and they sent out a technician. He came and had a look and went out to the box on the corner. Came back and said the fault was there and he fixed it. Internet was working again, but now I am stuck with this stupid error.

Log on the router as well as the connection history on Telkom Internet Portal describes the termination reason as "Lost Carrier".

ANY help will be appreciated.

Oh and I am on UnlimitedHome 10mb.

Tia

lowriderza

Expert Member
Do anyone know how to convince Telkom to sort out disconnects on my ADSL line?

My internet dies for about 2 minutes exactly every 8 to 9 hours. Had 3 technicians over already. They say my line is in perfect shape and they cant see anything wrong and cannot fix something that isnt broken.

They said I must change all my equipment and cables. I bought 4 different brand new routers already and it is still the same.

It all started in April. My line died and they sent out a technician. He came and had a look and went out to the box on the corner. Came back and said the fault was there and he fixed it. Internet was working again, but now I am stuck with this stupid error.

Log on the router as well as the connection history on Telkom Internet Portal describes the termination reason as "Lost Carrier".

ANY help will be appreciated.

Oh and I am on UnlimitedHome 10mb.

Tia
Based on the info you gave they have a faulty card at "the box on the corner". Each card runs multiple lines, but if one "channel" on a card is buggered they'll just patch you into another channel or card. They won't swop the card as a whole as they are expensive and Telkom wants to save money. You're probably on a card with an electronic problem which could very well cause these 8-9 hour drops as a component waits to return back to operating range.

You'll have to convince one of the techies to go and inspect the card or pass it off to their exchange guys.

Reactions: Yuu

X0d3x

Does anyone know how long I should be expecting to wait for a fix to my adsl line? I don't have any connection. I have logged a fault on 3rd of September 2019 with telkom and still havent gotten a call from a technician. I had a chat with someone on the Telkom Chat service on their web page that told me that a fault has been escalated to the underground cable department, whoever that is...

Fox1

Expert Member
Can anyone login to the Telkom Internet Customer Portal? It's been offline since yesterday.

creeper

Executive Member
Weird problem. I'm able to access the website on Telkom Mobile, but not via my Fibre. It seems to timeout.

Another little thing I noticed. If you still have a 4Mb fibre line, please do a SpeedTest. I'm getting 10Mb download. Wondering if Telkom cracked and upgraded all the 4Mb lines to 10Mb

Fox1

Expert Member
Weird problem. I'm able to access the website on Telkom Mobile, but not via my Fibre. It seems to timeout.

Another little thing I noticed. If you still have a 4Mb fibre line, please do a SpeedTest. I'm getting 10Mb download. Wondering if Telkom cracked and upgraded all the 4Mb lines to 10Mb
Yeah they did upgrade the fibre lines to 10mbps but they left us ADSL plebs at the same speeds and hiked the price by R50.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
After seven years, I'm finally ditching Telkom for another provider. The sheer number of workarounds I've had to do to maintain a working connection shouldn't be the norm.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
What is up with the late evening - early morning disconnects lately. Wake up just before 05:00 and internet is down. Son reports issues from 22:00 till sleep time around 24:00.

Modem shows connected to line, but ISP logon light is dead.

Rebooted router this morning, 10 minutes later same issue. What is the story this time round?

Arksun

Expert Member
This whole week so far, ping goes to hell consistently at 5:30 every day. Anyone else notice this?

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
This whole week so far, ping goes to hell consistently at 5:30 every day. Anyone else notice this?
Busy getting myself SIM cards to play with to test LTE and Fixed LTE, when my B618 router arrives Monday.
Am fed up with the continuing ADSL issues.