Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

Anakha56

Called the call center again and now the agent is saying that my line was configured incorrectly. The exchange was configured to 10mb while my account is set for 8mb and this will cause issues... So he reset the line and changed the config to match but I am not hopeful. I fully suspect that at 18:00 my line will be back to half speed...

Fox1

Executive Member
Anyone else having trouble connecting to Telkom ISP in Durban since about 11pm?

Last edited:

Anakha56

Not sure if related but mentioning it just in case someone with more knowledge can shine a light.

My work fiber has been performing extremely badly since early yesterday, VOX have investigated and it is an upstream provider issue, the link between Durban and P.E. is performing horrendously, big packet loss. At the time I was given that info they could not tell me the reason why just that the technicians are working on it. So if Telkom is routing through to P.E. and then to next hop that could be a reason why we in Durban are having problems.

Louis72

Expert Member
Anyone else having trouble connecting to Telkom ISP in Durban since about 11pm?
Was on and off last night again. Streaming was ok but certain services struggled to load even basic images.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Apparently my line (hanging from pole) was damaged.

Thats why I had asked them to dig it underneath the ground when installed
My fibre restored. A pole will also be installed for my fibre line.

Although manhole outside my driveway they state they cant run fibre directly to my house from the manhole/conduit

Fox1

Executive Member
Facebook has really been slow on Telkom all day. If I switch to Axxess it's fine. It's a strange problem.

Louis72

Expert Member
Seems like we have issues again today. Cannot even load GIF’s on whatsapp. Yet DSTV now is working fine?
Facebook has really been slow on Telkom all day. If I switch to Axxess it's fine. It's a strange problem.

Fox1

Executive Member
Seems like we have issues again today. Cannot even load GIF’s on whatsapp. Yet DSTV now is working fine?
Yeah it's an issue related to FB, WhatsApp and Instagram. When I switch to Axxess it's fine.

Fox1

Executive Member
Check your Telkom bill this month. I've just been double billed.