Telkom launches LTE double-data promotion

Inzaghi007

Im paying R399 for the 20gb+20gb. I have it for a year. Is it possible to upgrade this to the double data promo at R449?

Sparky_za

Expert Member
As much as I like Telkom (they are my preferred SP), contracts are dead to me. Never again will I sign up for anything that I cannot immediately ditch should someone else offer a better deal.

ITCynic

Expert Member
As much as I like Telkom (they are my preferred SP), contracts are dead to me. Never again will I sign up for anything that I cannot immediately ditch should someone else offer a better deal.
Their prepaid offering is the same price, just no contract obviously and no LTE device. R249 = 10 Gb and 10Gb nightime

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well hello then
Thanks for that info.
Get a prepaid sim anywhere. Change your tariff plan to smartbroadband wireless prepaid. Then put the sim in your modem and buy via onnet.telkom.co.za also R50 for 500gb night surfer if you want.

kfc4unme

Get a prepaid sim anywhere. Change your tariff plan to smartbroadband wireless prepaid. Then put the sim in your modem and buy via onnet.telkom.co.za also R50 for 500gb night surfer if you want.
I didn't realize I could buy the bundles adhoc. I'm currently month to month with 30 gigs, but they do a debit order. Did you know how I cancel? Do I have to go in to a store?

Sparky_za

Expert Member
Blimey! No double data for the current 200+200.
There was a time where I would have asked why you're trying to archive the internet, but since having a decent connection and subscriptions to VOD services I routinely use a bit less than 500GB a month.

Dan C

Honorary Master
hmmm... going to try this :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
I didn't realize I could buy the bundles adhoc. I'm currently month to month with 30 gigs, but they do a debit order. Did you know how I cancel? Do I have to go in to a store?
I won't be able to tell you how to cancel because it's a headache to be honest. You can call 180 and find out.

Yes Any prepaid simcard from Telkom you need to change the tariff plan to Smartbroadband Wireless and when you do so that sim is NOT ideal for using in a phone but you can it's just call rates are expensive and you can not buy all networks bundles then so no roaming.

So on an extra simcard change the price plan and buy the data with airtime or card. Very nice option totally prepaid and you pay 31 days no pro rata and counted 31 days from day of activation.

grump_grouch

There was a time where I would have asked why you're trying to archive the internet, but since having a decent connection and subscriptions to VOD services I routinely use a bit less than 500GB a month.
Big family with kids - Youtube/Steam/XBOX/etc. :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
hmmm... going to try this :)
I won't try it today. I did double data did not get allocated and they created a case for me. Saying I'm not the first one to phone in. Since it launched today I doubt they set it up properly for prepaid.

Dan C

Honorary Master
I won't try it today. I did double data did not get allocated and they created a case for me. Saying I'm not the first one to phone in. Since it launched today I doubt they set it up properly for prepaid.
Will wait a bit, probably get a prepaid sim on Friday and wait for you guys to get sorted. In the meantime I assume I can add the 500gig night time data ?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Will wait a bit, probably get a prepaid sim on Friday and wait for you guys to get sorted. In the meantime I assume I can add the 500gig night time data ?
Yes that one work perfectly on 3G, LTE and LTE-a